Machine Guns and Anti-Tank Ability Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yemzpoopoo

Yemzpoopoo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

A friend and I have a difference of opinion concerning Machine Guns and the Anti-Tank Token.  The token states that this squad should recieve a +3 to its anti tank range and an extra +3 to the attack dice.  With this said, then machine guns then have a range of 6 against tanks and attack at a 5.  This does not even take into consideration of possibly putting two machine guns in one squad.  This would mean that the range is 6 and the firepower is 7 (on par with a sherman tank).  My friend says this is incorrect or an oversight.  I have always considered a machine gun crew to be considered more of a heavy weapons platoon and thus have more powerful anti-tank weapons.  So, should the machine gun really have a range against tanks of 6 and have the +3 to its firepwoer?

#2 neu.descolado

neu.descolado

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Yemzpoopoo said:

The token states that this squad should recieve a +3 to its anti tank range...

Ops! The rules state "Armor-Piercing Weaponry: In all attacks against a vehicle
(even when supporting an attack) a squad with anti-tank specialization
has a base range value of 3 and +3 firepower".

#3 Grand Stone

Grand Stone

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

You cannot place a specilization ability on a squad with a heavy infanteri weapon. Thus, an anti-tank MG gun is not allowed.

#4 Latro

Latro

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

Grand Stone said:

You cannot place a specilization ability on a squad with a heavy infanteri weapon. Thus, an anti-tank MG gun is not allowed.

... which is a good thing. because the game does not need flamethrowing mortar-teams.

#5 Yemzpoopoo

Yemzpoopoo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... FLAME THROWING MORTAR TEAMS WERE THE CORNER STONE OF ALL MY DEFENSES!!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS