Three Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Charbs

Charbs

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

I've just played through my first solo game and have three questions before I reread the FAQ and watch the video again.

1. Phase 3: Quest; Step 3: Quest Resolution. 

Does Faramir get a bonus Willpower as per his Action if I control him in a solo game? i.e. If Faramir and Theodred were exhausted, would the total Willpower Strength be 5?

2. Combat.

What happens to an enemy that defeats a defender? Does the Threat Strength get added to Phase 3: Quest; Step 3: Quest Resolution?

3. How many errors are in the core rulebook on Page 19? I can see 4. "...attack made by the East Bight Patrol" seems to be an error considering it is the Forest Spider attacking. What I'm trying to figure out is why they didn't include the Forced bonus of +1 Attack Strength of the spider in the damage against Aragorn. The damage should be 3 correct, whether the spider engaged or was engaged?

Thanks,

Charbs

#2 ichaos1985

ichaos1985

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Charbs said:

I've just played through my first solo game and have three questions before I reread the FAQ and watch the video again.

1. Phase 3: Quest; Step 3: Quest Resolution. 

Does Faramir get a bonus Willpower as per his Action if I control him in a solo game? i.e. If Faramir and Theodred were exhausted, would the total Willpower Strength be 5?

2. Combat.

What happens to an enemy that defeats a defender? Does the Threat Strength get added to Phase 3: Quest; Step 3: Quest Resolution?

3. How many errors are in the core rulebook on Page 19? I can see 4. "...attack made by the East Bight Patrol" seems to be an error considering it is the Forest Spider attacking. What I'm trying to figure out is why they didn't include the Forced bonus of +1 Attack Strength of the spider in the damage against Aragorn. The damage should be 3 correct, whether the spider engaged or was engaged?

Thanks,

Charbs

1. Technically, even Faramir will get the Willpower bonus. However, when you use his technique, he cannot quest himself. You have to exhaust all your characters that you send to quest. Faramir's ability does not trigger automatically as soon as he exhausts. Instead, you have to exhaust him to trigger that ability. 

2.  If an enemy defeats your defending character, you're already after the Quest phase so you don't need to calculate any threat. Furthermore, the enemy ist engaged with YOU and not with a particular character. Hence, his threat does not count in the following turns as he is engaged with you and not in the staging area. (Only threat from cards in the staging area is calculated). 

3. The spider gets an Attack Strength bonus only in the very first turn when it engages you, not every turn.

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

ichaos1985 said:

3. The spider gets an Attack Strength bonus only in the very first turn when it engages you, not every turn.

also just point out- if the spider is sent back to the staging area and engages again- it will get the plus 1 attack for 1 turn again

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#4 ichaos1985

ichaos1985

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

Yes, correct. However, it will then again be the first turn of the attack of the spider, hence my wording is correct; just not detailed enough. :)

#5 csantora

csantora

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

No comment on " '…attack made by the East Bight Patrol' seems to be an error considering it is the Forest Spider attacking."?

#6 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

csantora said:

No comment on " '…attack made by the East Bight Patrol' seems to be an error considering it is the Forest Spider attacking."?

Yeah, that is an error.  It is the Forest Spider who is attacking.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS