I'm thinking about starting a new campaign of RotL
The problem is that we would be more than 5 players so i had an idea to allow anyone to play.
My idea is this:
- Every player would play with one character. So, i.e, with 7 players will have a party of 6 heroes.
- Every Encounter or Dungeon would be played by 4 heroes.
- We would play through e-mail till the party had an encounter or explored a dungeon. In that case, the party would depend in the players who showed up in the next game session.
- The money rewards would be adjusted to the size of the party. I. e., a 6 heroes party would gain 150 coins in a copper campaign chest, instead of 100 c.
- The cost of benefits for the whole party would be increased in the same way. A round of drinks in the Tavern in copper level would cost 75 c instead of 50.
- The cost of particular benefits or objects for a singular hero wouldn't change.
What do you think about this variant? Has someone tried something similar?
Is there any application to record the campaign progress?