Photo

Painters! What's a good brush-on primer for these minis?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hi guys!

After about 15 years away from painting (metal) miniatures, my son and I are having a blast with Talisman, and I'd like to have a go at painting the minis. However we're apartment dwellers, and there aren't a lot of good places here for spraying aerosols around (not to mention the obnoxious kling-klang of repeatedly shaking a can of paint). 

So, like the thread title says, can you recommend a good brush-on primer specifically for the Talisman minis?

#2 Darklord

Darklord

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

I use standard Games Workshop, Chaos Black paint, I prefer to work from black others prefer to use a white undercoat. Either works fine. Black gives you a darker finish and gives instant shading if you don't paint to neatly into the cracks.

Go in to the shop and have a chat with the staff, they will talk your ear off!

Daniel. 

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Don't forget to wash your minis thoroughly with soap and water (and dry them) as fresh plastics are covered with "stuff" that does not like to have paint sticking to it.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS