Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

His text is:

Lord.

Stealth. Renown.

Response: After you lose a challenge, move 1 gold from the treasury to The Red Viper. Challenges: Discard 1 gold from The Red Viper to stand him. Then, you may discard 1 additional gold from him to raise the claim on any player's revealed plot card by 1 until the end of the next challenge.

If I use his ability to raise claim by 1 while mid-challenge, does this stay in effect for the very next challenge as well?  Or is "next challenge" really just text put in place so you could use this ability outside of a challenge?  Basically, could the raised claim be in effect for potentially 2 straight challenges since "current" and "next" could have 2 different meanings?

#2 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

Note that this is an error on agotcards text portion of the card. If you look at the actual image it says until the end of the current challenge.

#3 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

Awesome.  Guess that means you can't really stand him to use him in the current challenge as an attacker since you declare attackers before the player action.  Unless of course the player action before initiating a challenge can count.

#4 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

You get a player action after attackers are knelt. You also get a player action after defenders are declared.

#5 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

Staton said:

You get a player action after attackers are knelt. You also get a player action after defenders are declared.

I am dumb because I forgot you might have knelt him to attack.

#6 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

haha yeaaaaah. Generally a pretty important part there. lol

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

Bomb said:

Staton said:

I am dumb because I forgot you might have knelt him to attack.

Yeah, people have used the one version of the Viper for so long, they just start to assume the character doesn't kneel to attack at all. It's always funny to catch a Martell character with more characters in play forgetting to kneel the Viper to attack, too.

#8 blashkowitch

blashkowitch

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

So he must be kneeled, if i want to raise claim of the current challenge, when he is standing he cant discard gold to raise claim, correct  ???

I play it like this ? I declare Red Viper (ASP) as attacker and kneel him , wait for defender, then I can discard gold to stand him a anoher to raise claim, but if he is standing is he still considered participating in challenge ? :)

Thanks

#9 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

blashkowitch said:

So he must be kneeled, if i want to raise claim of the current challenge, when he is standing he cant discard gold to raise claim, correct  ???
Correct. The option to discard the second gold is part of a "then" effect. As with all effects that use the word "then," if the part before the "then" is not successful, the part after it cannot happen, either. So unless the Viper actually goes from kneeling to standing with his ability, you don't even have the option to raise claim.

blashkowitch said:

I play it like this ? I declare Red Viper (ASP) as attacker and kneel him , wait for defender, then I can discard gold to stand him a anoher to raise claim, but if he is standing is he still considered participating in challenge ? :)
Standing a character does not remove it from the challenge. Once a character is legally participating in a challenge, he stays participating - unless an effect specifically removes him from the challenge, or from play. It's the same reasoning as removing an icon mid-challenge does not stop the character from participating, either.

#10 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

I came here looking for how you were having The Red Viper interact with The Poison Spear attachment… 

#11 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

Slothgodfather said:

I came here looking for how you were having The Red Viper interact with The Poison Spear attachment… 

The same way that every other character does.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS