Photo

Looks interesting - has anyone played this yet?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

I saw it on the FFG site yesterday, and at the FLGS last night. I think it was published by someone else before FFG.

I'm always on the lookout for more family games, has anyone else around here played it? The description looks like it could be fun. Sort of in the way Micro Mutants.

#2 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out of FFG bought the game from the original designers. They distributed the game before, but it appears to be on they directly own now.

#3 Fire-Born707

Fire-Born707

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

Don't play it

#4 navajas

navajas

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yes, we've got the game and expansion. Our two boys, 6 and 3, love the game. In fact my six year old says, with the expansion, that it is his new favorite. I take that with a grain of salt because I think we still play Micro Mutants more often, but he does enjoy it. All four of us can play and be entertained. All that said, it is a very messy game with little pieces strewn all over the table. It's a bit long to get out and pack up. The very very cool little pans constantly fall off the stoves which I find annoying. Also two of our five (plus expansion) stoves needed to be glued together because the tabs and slots were way too loose.

Most of the above is nitpicks: It's still worthwhile. Might be a decent drinking game as well.

All in all, a fine, but pricey, family game. I find Micro Mutants far, far superior and I'd rather have the boys playing it. There's more dexterity, more skill, more decisions, etc... If you've got the money and the theme would appeal to your family, go for it.

#5 arachnidshadow9

arachnidshadow9

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

My girlfriend recently bought it, and its game play is very fun, and the game materials are high quality. It's also a nice change of mood to a lighthearted setting, as compared to my usual marathon sessions of Chaos in the Old World and Arkham Horror.

#6 David B

David B

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

I have to say, I have been slightly tempted by this game - as arichnidshadow said, it lightens the mood a bit, and looks a laugh. Maybe it is one of those games1/2 a bottle of wine helps along a bit.

Maybe a good entree game, as it were (before the doom and gloom of Arkham, or whatever.)

Just a thought.

David.

#7 AGASHAMIRV

AGASHAMIRV

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

If you run public gaming and want to grab peoples attention, this game is great.

The little pans and stoves are too cute not to check out.

#8 Seraphimchild

Seraphimchild

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Our family enjoyed the game, and with me being the youngest at 21, it can still be a fun easy game for adults to play (although can be very interesting with some wine.)

The mechanics of the game are different, although simple, and does provide a little bit of player interaction. Still it is very much a light party game, or a pre-game game and good when you don't have much time to slog through one of the long ones.

I also found that its a great way to introduce people to the idea that there is more to board games then Monopoly and has been recieved very well by friends.

What makes it better is the components of the game. The stoves, pans and 'ingredients' and all well made and the artwork and naming or the recipies with always get a giggle from new players.

Final Verdict: Good, easy and light party game, but wouldn't recommend it for someone who's looking for depth in a game.

#9 Charlie Boxer

Charlie Boxer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well said Seraphimchild, i'd agree completly. However i feel like there is some light strategy with the 'Coffee Cup' powers, and chosing Crepe timing.

#10 macmini706

macmini706

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

Thank you very much

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS