Grapple vs Knockback

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roy S

Roy S

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

One of our heroes has the knockback ability (skill card I think). If another hero gets grappled, can the hero with the knockback free the grappled hero by knocking him away from the monster?  I assume so, since the grappled hero isn't spending any movement points, but thought I'd make sure.

Can a hero use knockback on himself?  I assume not because I don't think you're allowed to attack yourself, but what if under Dark Charm and ordered to attack yourself?  Though in that case the overlord gets to pick where you're knocked to.

#2 Parathion

Parathion

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yes, a grappled hero can Knockbacked (or is it Knockedback?), just like any other figure.

No, a hero cannot attack himself unless under a Dark Charm or Animate Weapon (or using Blast, but this doesn´t come with Knockback), and in that case the OL will decide whether and how to use the Knockback.

#3 Roy S

Roy S

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Thanks.  That's what I thought, nice to have it confirmed.

Though it'd be funny if the grappler could choose to keep his hold and thus be knockbacked with the hero :)

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Do note, however, that if one hero uses a Knockback attack to free another, grappled, hero, he must apply the entire attack roll.  The attacking hero can minimize damage output by not spending surges and choosing +1 range instead of +1 damage on power enhancements, but if the base roll is enough to hurt the target hero, the attacker cannot "choose" to waive the damage dealt.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS