Vassal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 garyweatherly

garyweatherly

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

If I wanted to make a Vassal module so my friends could play BBTM over the internet, could it be made available publicly?  What is the FFG policy on that?  I notice there is a Vassal module for Arkham Horror.

#2 Moebius

Moebius

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

I know a guy did a vassal module for Tannhauser and when it was completed got a Cease and Desist letter from FFG. I think it was mostly due to have all the game automation in place,

I then created a Fantasygrounds module to play the same game with no game automation at all, just the tokens and some boards, the boards are not original either but custom created, never got a word from FFG. The idea,, to be able to play the game with my solution you need to own a phisical copy as ou need to have the rules of each thing and each expansion you are using, that was not the case with the vassal module.

I would love to be able to play online so please go ahead and do the module! But try to be careful with the automation you put in place.

#3 garyweatherly

garyweatherly

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks.

I made the module, which was a great deal of scanning work, but won't post it without some assurance that FFG isn't going to sick the lawyers on me.

#4 Briguy

Briguy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Really want to play this via VASSAL, any new updates regarding the module?

#5 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

http://www.vassaleng...-_The_Card_Game

Dices, cubic messengers of fate.

#6 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

I have just upgraded your modul yesterday and today. There where a couple of Staff Upgrades missing. I've added them. I also put in the possibility to play with 6 players. And I scanned all cards in higher quality without editiing the Spike Deck.

I've uploaded the edited version on Vassal.

I hope this is okay for you.

#7 oudchen

oudchen

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Garthnait said:

I have just upgraded your modul yesterday and today. There where a couple of Staff Upgrades missing. I've added them. I also put in the possibility to play with 6 players. And I scanned all cards in higher quality without editiing the Spike Deck.

I've uploaded the edited version on Vassal.

I hope this is okay for you.

Thanks for your great jobs! My girlfriend and I love this game so much.

However I have a question about why the spike decks have no descriptions? Copyright's issue?

Henry

#8 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Yes this is a copyright thing. So FFG have you to own the game. ;)

At this point I'm working on a complete overhaul of the BBTM modul including preparing it for the coming Add-On. ;) 

The new BBTM Modul will have a complete new Hand system, so other players can not see whats in your hand. And new Options and ways how things work together. ;)

#9 Hando

Hando

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Thank so much Garthnait for the VASSAL module.

Have played it a few times now and enjoy the ease of playing my beloved BBTM with other players when I cant find any face to face.

Cheers

#10 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

There will be an absolute new and awesome version of the modul very soon. As soon as it will be developed I'll inform you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS