revealed cylons - bad effect

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Anarin

Anarin

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

If cylons are revealed and they crysis card say : each player discard 2 card and draw 2 treachery card does :

1) they just draw 2 treachery card

2) they choose - will they discard 2 and draw 2 treachery or totaly ignore bad effect.

2nd question :

if some player play Support for the people can others players play cards they draw  (open play card like no destiny, reduced difficulty by 4, investigative committee).

3rd question:

If someone wanna play +2 roll or calculation does current player pick from whom will take or that goes in clockwise order (we had once nuke roll of 8 and cylon player wanted to lower it to 7, so does current player deside whoes calculation will go or it go in clockwise order).

4th question :

If someone give +2 roll and player roll 7, cause maximum result can be 8 does calculation:

a) lower it to 7

b) roll is still 8 (cause 7+2-1 = 8)

#2 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Anarin said:

If cylons are revealed and they crysis card say : each player discard 2 card and draw 2 treachery card does :

1) they just draw 2 treachery card

2) they choose - will they discard 2 and draw 2 treachery or totaly ignore bad effect.

2nd question :

if some player play Support for the people can others players play cards they draw  (open play card like no destiny, reduced difficulty by 4, investigative committee).

3rd question:

If someone wanna play +2 roll or calculation does current player pick from whom will take or that goes in clockwise order (we had once nuke roll of 8 and cylon player wanted to lower it to 7, so does current player deside whoes calculation will go or it go in clockwise order).

4th question :

If someone give +2 roll and player roll 7, cause maximum result can be 8 does calculation:

a) lower it to 7

b) roll is still 8 (cause 7+2-1 = 8)

I believe it is this:

1. Revealed cylons can ignore any piece of negative crisis text - they can take the two treachery cards but not discard.

2. Players who draw cards on Support the People can play those cards immediately.

3. Cylons cannot play the text of skill cards except Treachery.  Therefore, a cylon cannot play a Calculations card to reduce a roll unless the cylon is infiltrating in the Pegasus expansion (and therefore is a "human" player); an unrevealed cylon could play the card to reduce the roll, however.  But in the case of there being more than one person who wants to play the same card,  if only one card can be played of that kind, the Current player decides who plays it and the other player takes their unplayed card back. 

4. The +2 happens ahead of the roll, but the roll cannot be more than 8; so once the roll occurs (a 7), it immediately maxes out at 8.  Then, the Calculations card is played and comes into effect, reducing it to 7.  Again, the Calc card cannot be played by a revealed cylon unless the cylon is infiltrating.

Anacreon

#3 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Just in case you need verification, all of those answers are correct.

#4 Dralamir

Dralamir

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

Actually, the Exodus expansion changed, well, clarified how  the referral to players is handled. "Players" always includes all players and if the effect of some game mechanic is targeted at human or Cylon players it will make that distinction.

I suspect Anarin is speaking of the Psychological Warfare card. Seeing as Exodus clearly states that "The term 'players' is inclusive and refers to all individuals currently playing the game." you can always rely on how the game mechanic is written out; players vs human players and/or Cylon players.

#5 Dralamir

Dralamir

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Then again, the basic game does say Cylons cannot be forced to discard cards and I suppose the clarification to what players are targeted doesn't really override that.. does it? :) 

#6 Dralamir

Dralamir

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Since I started ranting I should continue valiantly..

I was reading a bit more and Pegasus rule clarifications still state Cylons may ignore a negative effect from Crisis Cards (note: regular crisis') and execution from Super Crisis. However, since I am assuming OP was speaking of Psychological Warfare and it states all players and that distinction is made clear, but in Exodus rules clarification it doesn't mention of Cylons getting a special treatment anymore. So, because the newest expansion ruleset always supercedes the previous ones I'd still say that Cylons are treated like humans when the game mechanic says "players".

Does that make sense? 

#7 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

Dralamir said:

...but in Exodus rules clarification it doesn't mention of Cylons getting a special treatment anymore. So, because the newest expansion ruleset always supercedes the previous ones I'd still say that Cylons are treated like humans when the game mechanic says "players".

I don't have the rules in front of me for reference, but it doesn't say in Exodus rules that a change was made to the Core rules, it doesn't say the Cylons don't  get "special treatment" anymore, therefore the old rule is still valid.  Regardless of whether the term "players" includes Cylon and Humans or not, the Cylon players can still ignore negative effects.

#8 redsimon

redsimon

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

Dralamir said:

So, because the newest expansion ruleset always supercedes the previous ones I'd still say that Cylons are treated like humans when the game mechanic says "players".

Does that make sense? 

No, I'm afraid it doesn't.

The new ruleset can override an old one. But

A) only when explicitly mentioned (why would you assume otherwise?)

and

B) what happens when combinig Peagsus and Exodus is mentioned in Exodus rulebook. Unless it says here that a Pegasus rule is overruled, it is not.

#9 Dralamir

Dralamir

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hmm, yeah, it doesn't really make sense, come to think of it. No reason why the "Cylons can ignore negative effect" shouldn't still be valid. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS