Defending

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 damoose79

damoose79

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

I've been looking around for a reference to defending. I see it mentioned on a couple of cards, and once in the rule book:

A player may spend (discard) a Support Token from one of his Space Marines when it is attaching or defending to reroll a die that was just rolled.

What is the defending? Does it mean when you are attacking the Space Marine with the genestealer? I would like some clarification if anyone can offer it. Thanks.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yes, defense rolls are the ones you do in the Genestealer Attack Phase. And remember you have to roll over the number of GS in the swarm, equal or less = dead.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 damoose79

damoose79

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

Thank you for the input. It is weird that they refer to it as two different things. Makes things a little complicated in my mind. I will have to do a solo run through, or two, before getting together with some friends to play next weekend. Thanks again Dam.

#4 Sid Loman

Sid Loman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

I have a little follow up question - can I reroll even when the swarm misses my marine? I'm of course talking about Lorenzo. When you line him up against 4 stealers with counter attack card and bunch of support tokens ready...and he rolls 5 with its first try.

I play it that Lorenzo may spend a support token and continue rolling hoping for skulls, but I'm not absolutely sure it's correct.

#5 Uncle Kulikov

Uncle Kulikov

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

I play as if you can re-roll a success to get a better success, but I don't have the exact wording that would allow or deny it.

#6 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

Sid Loman said:

I have a little follow up question - can I reroll even when the swarm misses my marine? I'm of course talking about Lorenzo. When you line him up against 4 stealers with counter attack card and bunch of support tokens ready...and he rolls 5 with its first try.

I play it that Lorenzo may spend a support token and continue rolling hoping for skulls, but I'm not absolutely sure it's correct.

I play this way too. It should be legit to reroll even when they miss, as the rules state that you may reroll a valid attack or defense roll by spending a support token. Just be sure Lorenzo is facing the correct direction is all when defending.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS