Jump to content



Photo

Starship Combat Action Cards


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Drhoz

Drhoz

    Member

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

A hopefully useful tool for your players to keep track of their potential actions during ship-to-ship, or potentially ship-to-ground, combat. Based on the Core Rulebook, Into The Storm, and Battlefleet Koronus.

Original idea by kenshin138 in this thread, with improvements suggested by Mortagon, Maese Mateo, and Badlapje

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SR5OUNMZ


Divided into Manoeuvre, Shooting, and Extended Action cards, including Astropath and Navigator Actions from Into the Storm, and Attack Craft & Torpedo Actions from Battlefleet Koronus. Includes two useful Navigator Powers as extended actions. Most cards have notes on the effects of relevant Ship Components in red, and Ship Complications, Past Histories, & Backgrounds in blue, and should all fit onto standard index cards. Some cards are double-sided. Also, two cards for tracking damage penalties have been included. See p.224 of the main rulebook for population and morale effects not immediately relevant to combat.


I’ve tried to leave enough room for you to pencil in the bonuses you get from Ship Components, plus any the Explorers might have from knowledge-based skills, etc. Alternatively, laminate them and use an erasable marker.

Please reply here to suggest changes, make improvements, and point out any errors that need fixing
 



#2 LeSquide

LeSquide

    Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'm at work, so I've just had time to glance at them, but these look fantastic! I especially like some of the art-...

 

*pauses at Disinformation*

 

...Though that bares a resemblance to at least two of The Doctor.



#3 Maese Mateo

Maese Mateo

    Member

  • Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

@Drhoz: are you planning to update the Cards or you are going to leave them like that? I would like to know before I print and plasticize them.



#4 Larkin

Larkin

    Member

  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

 You wanted an update from my game this past weekend, and I hate to say this but, we didn't get a chance to use your cards!

Got 2 new players in who were familiar with 40k but not with the RPGs. First half of the sections was building characters and tying them in. All the veteran players who looked at the cards said that they'd be useful though. I'm thinking about doing the same thing for Ground combat now.



#5 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

    Member

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Any chance you could reupload these somewhere?



#6 Zarkov N

Zarkov N

    Member

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hunterindarkness said:

Any chance you could reupload these somewhere?

What he said.



#7 Drhoz

Drhoz

    Member

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

Maese Mateo said:

@Drhoz: are you planning to update the Cards or you are going to leave them like that? I would like to know before I print and plasticize them.

The only other changes I'd add would be if anything in Hostile Acquisitions applies, but I won't have a copy of that for a while yet. Do you know anything that needs adding?

Larkin said:

 You wanted an update from my game this past weekend, and I hate to say this but, we didn't get a chance to use your cards!

Got 2 new players in who were familiar with 40k but not with the RPGs. First half of the sections was building characters and tying them in. All the veteran players who looked at the cards said that they'd be useful though. I'm thinking about doing the same thing for Ground combat now.

Hmm, that could be an interest project too :) Either way, let me know how next week goes.

 

Hunterindarkness said:

Any chance you could reupload these somewhere?

 

Yes, I just heard about Megaupload :( Any suggestions about anywhere else I can put it?

LeSquide said:

I'm at work, so I've just had time to glance at them, but these look fantastic! I especially like some of the art-... *pauses at Disinformation* ...Though that bares a resemblance to at least two of The Doctor.

 

*chuckles* I'm sure Jak's player will be flattered :)

 

 

 



#8 Drhoz

Drhoz

    Member

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

LeSquide said:

I'm at work, so I've just had time to glance at them, but these look fantastic! I especially like some of the art-...

 

*pauses at Disinformation*

 

...Though that bares a resemblance to at least two of The Doctor.

 

Which pics did you like best, btw?



#9 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

    Member

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:48 AM

You could try mediafire or scribd. You could also put them over at Dark Reign.



#10 Badlapje

Badlapje

    Member

  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

for your convenience, i've uploaded the file to my site at this location  It's version 1.05, think that was the last?

Drhoz, if you are not fine with this let me know.  Equally, if there's a new version, feel free to mail me at badlapje@yahoo.com and i can upload that one.



#11 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

    Member

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Thank ya very much.



#12 Drhoz

Drhoz

    Member

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

Badlapje said:

for your convenience, i've uploaded the file to my site at this location  It's version 1.05, think that was the last?

Drhoz, if you are not fine with this let me know.  Equally, if there's a new version, feel free to mail me at badlapje@yahoo.com and i can upload that one.

 

No, that's fine :) And I'll do so if there's any changes that I need to make



#13 HeavensThunderHammer

HeavensThunderHammer

    Member

  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

Drhoz said:

A hopefully useful tool for your players to keep track of their potential actions during ship-to-ship, or potentially ship-to-ground, combat. Based on the Core Rulebook, Into The Storm, and Battlefleet Koronus.

Original idea by kenshin138 in this thread, with improvements suggested by Mortagon, Maese Mateo, and Badlapje

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SR5OUNMZ


Divided into Manoeuvre, Shooting, and Extended Action cards, including Astropath and Navigator Actions from Into the Storm, and Attack Craft & Torpedo Actions from Battlefleet Koronus. Includes two useful Navigator Powers as extended actions. Most cards have notes on the effects of relevant Ship Components in red, and Ship Complications, Past Histories, & Backgrounds in blue, and should all fit onto standard index cards. Some cards are double-sided. Also, two cards for tracking damage penalties have been included. See p.224 of the main rulebook for population and morale effects not immediately relevant to combat.


I’ve tried to leave enough room for you to pencil in the bonuses you get from Ship Components, plus any the Explorers might have from knowledge-based skills, etc. Alternatively, laminate them and use an erasable marker.

Please reply here to suggest changes, make improvements, and point out any errors that need fixing
 

 

I got the download from the new site but WOW. These cards look like they took a lot of work and are quite impressive. I'm pretty amazed at the quality of these. Thanks for the hard work and sharing with the RT community! :)



#14 Zarkov N

Zarkov N

    Member

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

 Dude, sweet!  Many thanks!



#15 kenshin138

kenshin138

    Member

  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

 Wow, these put our hand-written note cards to shame for sure.

Glad people found it a good idea; I had no clue it would turn into such an "official" kind of thing. :)



#16 Drhoz

Drhoz

    Member

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

HeavensThunderHammer said:

Drhoz said:

 

A hopefully useful tool for your players to keep track of their potential actions during ship-to-ship, or potentially ship-to-ground, combat. Based on the Core Rulebook, Into The Storm, and Battlefleet Koronus.

Original idea by kenshin138 in this thread, with improvements suggested by Mortagon, Maese Mateo, and Badlapje

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SR5OUNMZ


Divided into Manoeuvre, Shooting, and Extended Action cards, including Astropath and Navigator Actions from Into the Storm, and Attack Craft & Torpedo Actions from Battlefleet Koronus. Includes two useful Navigator Powers as extended actions. Most cards have notes on the effects of relevant Ship Components in red, and Ship Complications, Past Histories, & Backgrounds in blue, and should all fit onto standard index cards. Some cards are double-sided. Also, two cards for tracking damage penalties have been included. See p.224 of the main rulebook for population and morale effects not immediately relevant to combat.


I’ve tried to leave enough room for you to pencil in the bonuses you get from Ship Components, plus any the Explorers might have from knowledge-based skills, etc. Alternatively, laminate them and use an erasable marker.

Please reply here to suggest changes, make improvements, and point out any errors that need fixing
 

 

 

 

I got the download from the new site but WOW. These cards look like they took a lot of work and are quite impressive. I'm pretty amazed at the quality of these. Thanks for the hard work and sharing with the RT community! :)

 

*blushes* thanks :)



#17 Drhoz

Drhoz

    Member

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Well, v.2.01 uploaded to Google Docs - https://docs.google....alVJYUxyZw/edit

New to  this edition - Hostile Acquisitions components, Damage cards for the starship, and for an attack craft if, perchance, you attempt to combine the Into the Storm rules with the Battlefleet Koronus rules. To say that it's an awkward fit is an understatement.

 

Also, firefighting and the "Transmit the Pain" effect of the new component "Warp Disrupter".

 

as usually, let me know if you spot any typos, or things I should change.



#18 Maese Mateo

Maese Mateo

    Member

  • Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

We have problems, Captain:

 

"You need permission to access this item."

 

=(



#19 Drhoz

Drhoz

    Member

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

sod. Should work now



#20 Darth Fanboy

Darth Fanboy

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

 Much impressed by the cards, but I'm noting a couple of absences in that last one.  Notably the extended actions "Lock on Target"; "Hit and Run" and "Flank Speed" are absent.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS