I'm gonna need a bigger table...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Okay, I'm converted. Between Talisman and the upcoming X-Wing (not to mention all the other games I like to play), I think it's time to go table shopping. But before I do: can anybody here tell me the dimensions of Talisman, with both the Dungeon and Highlands boards attached? Yup, I'm thinking ahead. 

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

I had to do a bit of digging back to an old post, but I found it!!

The main board is made up of 6 x 11" squares, so is 22" x 33". The Dungeon board is an 8" wide "L" shape, so it would make a full set with 4 corner boards a total of 38" x 49".

Hope this helps, but you should note that this does not include the space you will need for your character card, tokens and booty!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

Thank you for the info! Man, that's huge. Trying to find a foldable table wider than 30" is not easy! I wonder how many apartment-dwellers like me just play this game on the floor... 

#4 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

lol to all of this... can't count the number of times I've needed a bigger table for a new game, or even worse, when an expansion for one of my games puts just a little too much additional stuff on the table it barely fit on before...

#5 Wheelz

Wheelz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

When my wife bought me dungeon I had to give up on the table and move to the floor in the living room.  Thought about a new table but if they bring out expansions to cover the other 2 corners of the board then we'd be in the same problem as now.  So floor it is for Talisman.

#6 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

I would never play on the floor.

If FFG release the next corner board, then there is not enough room anymore on my table

I think we will use a mdf plank.

#7 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

It occurred to me that one could just put the 'other side' boards on end tables, and say they're attached to the main board. Not as aesthetically pleasing, but at least things would be off the floor.

With that in mind, I feel okay about getting this 6'x30" folding table now. 

#8 Cidervampire

Cidervampire

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

I bought two of these tables and placed together they fit the board with room for 4 expansion boards round it. It does pretty much fill my sitting room once you put chairs round it though

Geoff

#9 Dwarf Supreme

Dwarf Supreme

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

My dining room table is big enough, for now. I'm not sure What I'll do when the other two boards are released.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS