Need some help with an all human campaign

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SilverAlen

SilverAlen

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

I am about to start a new campaign, and my 4 players ahve decided to all play human characters, in fact one of each archetype. I'm wondering if I should be worried balance wise, especially in regards to combat. This will be my first long term campaign as a GM, and I'm using broken chains as the starting point then transitioning into temple of lies from the core rulebook. Will l need to scale back the combat, and if so how much?

#2 matthias de wit

matthias de wit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Maybe you can try and play the a few combats on yourself.

I think the most important think to keep an eye on is the balance between characteristics between NPC's and PC's. Keep these close to each other or if you raise the characteristic drop the damage output and vice verca.

#3 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

SilverAlen said:

Will l need to scale back the combat, and if so how much?

Hard to tell as long as we do not know what your "long campaign" is all about  What is the campaign arc, what is the final and how important will combat generally be in your campaign?

In regard to the mentioned moduls, I think you just need to take the notes into account said moduls already provide in regard to "combat scaling". The only tricky thing could be actual combat against opponents with high unnatural toughnes / lots of armour IF your pc do not sport weapons with high DS / felling-quality.

#4 SilverAlen

SilverAlen

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Sadly, the modules both mention what to do if their are multiple CSM in the group, rather than none, and often seemed to assume there would be at least one. That is actually what got me worried in the first place.

That being said, after I did a couple quick simulations, I didn't notice any major problems, except with the strongest enemies, which is mitigated by the fact that one of my players loves melta weapons and always carries one around.

Thanks for the feedback!

#5 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

SilverAlen said:

Sadly, the modules both mention what to do if their are multiple CSM in the group, rather than none, and often seemed to assume there would be at least one. That is actually what got me worried in the first place.

Not really. If you take (for example) the wild cherubs attacking you on your way to you-know-where it is mentioned that you can either take 8 of them or a horde (while the 8 individual enemies is meant as an option if NO CSM are part of the party).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS