3 replies to this topic

#1 clu

clu

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:40 AM

one of my favorite cards...

Questioned Claim
Any phase: Each player that does not control a King or Queen character must choose a challenge type. Until the end of the phase,that player may only initiate challenges of that type.

If someone trait changes a character after the event has resolved, do they get to initiate more then one type of challenge? Is the event a static effect or is it a one time effect when checking for Kings and Queens?

#2 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Yes it checks at the time of the event and then doesn't check again. What happens is it sets up a lasting effect for everyone that doesn't have a king or queen at the time of the event. So if you get a king or queen later, it doesn't make the lasting effect go away.

#3 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

What would happen if I played 2 of these in the same phase, assuming no player had a King or Queen?

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Slothgodfather said:

What would happen if I played 2 of these in the same phase, assuming no player had a King or Queen?
Then everyone who isn't stupid will choose the same challenge type for the second that they chose for the first, making the second one meaningless.

Otherwise, the effect of the first will stop them from doing challenges of the type chosen for #2, and the second will stop them from doing challenges of the type chosen for #1.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS