Complicated Retreat Situation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Terah

Terah

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

Imagine you are retreating an army. Adjacent there is one empty hex and one friendly hex across a mountain barrier. If your army is mixed flyers and ground units where could it retreat to?
I'd say to either hex, losing the ground units if you cross the mountains. I think this is a house rule, because the retreat rules don't cover this case clearly.

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

Terah said:

Imagine you are retreating an army. Adjacent there is one empty hex and one friendly hex across a mountain barrier. If your army is mixed flyers and ground units where could it retreat to?
I'd say to either hex, losing the ground units if you cross the mountains. I think this is a house rule, because the retreat rules don't cover this case clearly.

This question has been ruled on before; in the "Rulings from Corey" document I've been maintaining, it's on page 5 of the latest version:

"Q: A player has both flying and non-flying units in a battle and is forced to retreat.  The only adjacent friendly area is across an impassible border (mountains or water).  There is also an adjacent empty area with a passable boarder.  Where can the units retreat?

A: In this case, the player could choose to retreat the flying units (only) to the friendly area, and destroy the non-flying units, or retreat all units to the empty area."

#3 Terah

Terah

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for enlightening me and for your work on the rulings document.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS