• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi there…

I'm addicted to making YouTube vids.. and have been making them for LoTR-LCG recently.. so thought I would post them here as well as on BBG. Warning these ALL have spoilers.

The problem is that FFG forums are really terrible and one of the MANY things it can not do is allows you to edit posts for adding new information… (one of the reason there are no good FAQ threads for example) So as I make more vids you will have to find them in the thread for I will not be able to edit the post and add them to this top thread.

CORE

Lone Quest(x1) - Passage though Mirkwood - RESTRICTED = 111 ----- www.youtube.com/watch

Shadows of Mirkwood

Hunt for Gollum Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - www.youtube.com/watch

Lone Quest(x1) - Hunt for Gollum - RESTRICTED = 138 ----  www.youtube.com/watch

Conflict at the Carrock Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - www.youtube.com/watch

Lone Quest (x1) - Conflict at the Carrock - RESTRICTED = 144 ---- www.youtube.com/watch

A Journey to Rhosgobel - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - www.youtube.com/watch

The Hills of Emyn Muil - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - www.youtube.com/watch

The Dead Marshes - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - www.youtube.com/watch

Return to Mirkwood - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - www.youtube.com/watch

DarrowDelf

[1] The Redhorn Gate - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - YouTube.com

[2] Road to Rivendale - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - YouTube.com

[3] The Watcher in the Water- Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation  -  www.youtube.com/watch

[4] The Long Dark - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation

Deck Construction

The Dog, The Leash and the Master (3 Player Deck) --- YouTube PlayList

Brothers in Arms (2 Player Deck) -  YouTube.com

Custom Quests

Hope you like them!!

#2 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Burning Brand has to go to a LORE character. So Grimbeorn is not a valid target for it. 

Nice videos by the way.

#3 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

cool vids.. but full of errors.. you should probably learn to play b4 you post them?

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#4 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

muemakan said:

Burning Brand has to go to a LORE character. So Grimbeorn is not a valid target for it. 

Nice videos by the way.

yea, there are a few errors here and there. These are just initial card evaluations made on the time i open the boxes.. so they sneak though :) and no onw is perfect.. least of all me!! I think that  error is not remembering that songs can only be played on heroes. I had a full Mirkwoood cycle deck that used the lore song on a eagle and then burning brand as a major function... I was so crushed when i found  out i was doing it wrong!!

#5 choppic

choppic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hi Tragic, I'm waiting for your initial evaluation on Khazad-dum. 

Thank you for the videos. I like them a lot :)

#6 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

I got my order from lotus vaults in ... so I should be getting it soon.. maybe a week or 2...  

#7 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hey guys… now that the Mirkwood Cycle is out in LackeyCCG here is a Deck Construction video that I gets mailed on YouTube for all the time! Have fun… More to come…

The Dog, The Leash and the Master (3 Player Deck)

YouTube PlayList 

1) Introduction and Hero talk.
2) The Dog
3) The Leash
4) The Master
5) Conclusions

This deck is designed as if all players own their own copy of core and between them they all own the entire Mirkwood Cycle. It is designed to beat the Mirkwood Cycle and is a modification of my 3 man group's deck witch we used to 1 shot the entire cycle recently.

have fun!!

#8 Morbid666

Morbid666

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

I enjoy the videos a lot. It is cool that you take the time and effort to do this. (my you tube name is dungeon666, you might have seen some of my comments) Keep making these videos.

#9 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hey tragic, just watched the new deck building guides. Thanks for spending the time and effort to do these, i realise even more now about taking plenty of time to construct decks. The combos you highlight will definately help me improve my gaming. Cheers mate and any more solo you tube vids would be appreciated.

#10 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Anyway, here is my initial card evaluations and thoughts as I open the 3rd pack in the Darrowdelf Cycle!

I have tried a new way of doing this with out all the editing work.. so it takes about 1/10th of the time to make the video.. let me know what you think!

Hope you like it!!

[3] The Watcher in the Water- Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation - Lord of the Rings LCG 

#11 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Good stuff, Tragic! I think the new format works fine. Obviously, having the card images pop up would be ideal, but you should still be able to convey all of the relevant information/give a taste of the artwork without spending all those hours in post-production. 

As for the content in this latest video, I'm inclined to agree with most of your individual card evaluations. Arwen is every bit as good as she seems, Legacy of Durin is indispensable in a Dwarf deck, and the new Aragorn enables some really amusing threat reduction shenanigans (especially in a two-player game with Song of Earendil and Wandering Took). Wrapped! is a nicely flavorful treachery, while Doors of Durin recreates the idea of trying out password after password in order to enter Moria. All in all, a very solid AP.

#12 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

oh hey.. I didn't think of that.. the card effect is basically a way to visualize "code breaking" in the game as they try to work out how to open the door.. That is really cool.. I just couldn't work out wtf they thinking with that manic .. it seamed so random.. but after you explaining it it makes total sense now.

#13 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Deck Construction - 2 Player Deck - Brothers in Arms - YouTube.com

Here is my 2nd deck building video. I have been trying to make my videos shorter so I hope that this one is a little faster and more interesting :)

Have fun!

[1] Brothers in Arms - Elrohir
[2] Borthers in Arms - Elladan

More Card Evaluations

[1] The Redhorn Gate - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation

[2] Road to Rivendale - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation

#14 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

[4] The Long Dark - Unboxing and Initial Card Evaluation

Well this is the last pack for a while .. until I get my next shipment.. I will most likely be not ordering it until the entire cycle is finished and 2 or 3 coc packs are out as well.

Anyway… this is a very good pack with some real power player cards and what looks like a really good quest… very excited about this one.

#15 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

The Redhorn Gate (Solo - Tactics + Spirit (Lore/Leader Splash)

Been fooling about with Hama while I wait for the "real" deck building to start after Darrowdelf is completed. I rarely play Tactics or Solo so this was a bit of a experiment for me. . I think it came out really well.. despite a few missplays as pointed out by the friendly rules hawk Matthias Maccabeus.. thanks for that! 

I enjoyed this deck and the combo is powerful and satisfying… but I have already dumped this deck list as I have heavily modified it so I am not going to post it.. instead I think I will just post a new quest running it! I think I will do a solo game this time.

#16 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Return to Rivendale (Tactics+Spirit - "Kill to Quest")

Well here is the next quest.. Road to Rivendale.. I have modified the deck pretty heavy and said. screw it and fully committed to the eagle draw engine for deck thinning… This deck is basically a kill to quest system were Blade of Gondilin and Lego place progress tokens. So that is teh name of it.. "Kill to Quest"

This is a pretty fun deck and I feel it is worht having a look at… though I am not sure if it will work vs a huge variety of quests. So far it can crush Darowdelf.. and I am about to take on the watcher next!!!

Have fun and stay classy middle earth!

Deck List - ]Kill to Quest!

#17 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Another invalid game.. Arewen would be killed at 9:10 in the video as she gets a wound AND right ta the beginning she was supposed to get a wound form that treachery….. Way to not know how to play…

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#18 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

booored said:

Another invalid game.. Arewen would be killed at 9:10 in the video as she gets a wound AND right ta the beginning she was supposed to get a wound form that treachery….. Way to not know how to play…

If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's that simple. Maybe you should make some videos together with your good budy Glaurung, you know, since between you two you know everything, never makes mistakes, always plays perfectly? Just to teach all of us other morons how to play the game? THEN you can go back to being a **** again afterward!

To you tragic, please just ignore him, and continue to make those entertaining videos. They are really good and I get a lot out of them. And of cause there's a few mistakes,but show me a movie ever made without, eh? :)

#19 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

I know Tragic long time and i even use to talk to him by skype many times. He always do mistakes and many times i told him about it.

But in this video Tragic make a lot of Big mistakes what is really surprise me……  But there is no tournament system so who really cares….

Quest log

I got Boored point when he told me long time before about Quest log:

All quest log results is wrong cose people dont know the rules well.  So after watch Mitch and ko videos and some Tragic videos i understand Boored point.

If most active players on this forum play wrong, so how about others players? 

Mtg community is different cose if you play wrong you will just lose all the time and  there is no fun to play. And tournaments teach you really fast. But in this game everything is different. Here is different kind of players.

I use to  play cards game more then 10 years and my approach to the game is different from players like Mitch for example.. I play MTG really serious. Then i  use to play LOTR TCG Decipher and also i was tournament director of Decipher. I use to play many tournaments and play world cups where 1 small mistake or wrong rules understanding cost you and your team a lot. You opponents is strong and if you dont know the rules well you have no chance……

Many players here just dont understand me………But as Tournament Director i cannot just ignore mistake of some players. This is natural think. Like birds is flying, director is watching and count all mistakes. This is like a second skin.

For example i remember all Lotr cards game text. I dont to look on the card text for me is enough to see the picture. But this is how you train your brain to be a good player. You must know the cards, you must feel the flow of the game. And you must know the rules like 2+2=4. Otherwise you will never be a good player.

In all good times i use to take 6 sides dice roll and every mistake in your game cost you 1. If you reach 6 you lose. Doesn matter even if you still in the game and game going well. 6 mistakes you lose!

But as i say is different approach to the game. Just a fun or as a sport.

let me tell you one thing Boored. There is no point casting pears before the swine.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#20 Avalanche

Avalanche

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

Glaurung said:

let me tell you one thing Boored. There is no point casting pears before the swine.

That is fine I am not a big fan of pears anyway.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS