• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leon

Leon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

Hi everybody,

it is stated that Commanders may move "like units" when resolving Mobilize or Conquer. My question is: can commanders move through enemy troops when doing so? Heros (and so commanders) would normally move freely through enemy units, but units can't do it, so if commanders move "like units" they should be subject to the same restrictions than units are. But maybe I am taking it too literally, thus it is unclear.

Finally, and just to confirm, neither Ronan nor Red Scorpio can use their ability to increase their movement while using Mobilize or Conquer (or Strategize) as it is explicitly stated that those abilities may be triggered only in Quest Phase. Correct?

Regards,

León

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

Leon said:

Hi everybody,

it is stated that Commanders may move "like units" when resolving Mobilize or Conquer. My question is: can commanders move through enemy troops when doing so? Heros (and so commanders) would normally move freely through enemy units, but units can't do it, so if commanders move "like units" they should be subject to the same restrictions than units are. But maybe I am taking it too literally, thus it is unclear.

Not when moving using Mobilize and Conquer.  They move like units, and units cannot move through enemy areas.  They follow ALL restrictions of units during Mobilize and Conquer.

They are allowed to move through enemy areas during the Quest phase though, although commanders do have a restriction that they cannot move out of activated areas.

Leon said:

Finally, and just to confirm, neither Ronan nor Red Scorpio can use their ability to increase their movement while using Mobilize or Conquer (or Strategize) as it is explicitly stated that those abilities may be triggered only in Quest Phase. Correct?

Correct, since the ability specifically refers to the Quest phase, it only works during the Quest phase.

For Strategize, it's worth noting that units move values are irrelevant, since with Strategize you can specifically only move to adjacent areas.  Even "Fast" units are bound by this, as are heroes in general.

#3 Leon

Leon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

That confirms our rulings. Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS