• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ainulindale

Ainulindale

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hi everyone,

This Skeptical Solstice, my parents offered me Battle of Westeros and Wardens of the North. I fell in love with the game and decided to, almost 15 years after stopping the GW games, buy some paints, brushes and start to paint again.

As in the meantime I went stark (!) raving mad and bought all the expansions but Brotherhood, I started with the Tully bowmen and have to say I'm quite happy with the result even though I lost some of my skills.

One question is left though: there are a lot of shields and places for House heraldry on these miniatures. I was wondering if some of you had the opportunity to find convenient decals for wolves, lions, hounds, trouts, suns and such.

I found some for 25mm on Veni Vidi Vici but there's none for 15mm which seems to be the appropriate dimension for BoW. I contacted the website's admin, hopefully he'll answer to my vicissitudes!

Anyways, if you have some information as to find decals for this size, knowing that I could make them myself but I don't own a colour printer, I'd be interested in it.

#2 argwinkle

argwinkle

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hi,

this is not an answer to your question, but how would you do the decals on your own printer? ('Cause I do have a color printer)

Print on paper, or something else? And how do you apply them to the figures?

#3 Ainulindale

Ainulindale

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

You have to use specific decal paper and liquid to fix the transfer.

Example here: http://www.3vwargames.co.uk/blank.htm

Then cut & dispose as with any decal!

#4 argwinkle

argwinkle

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

A, just like the plastic airplanes from 30 years ago. Thanks for the link!

#5 Ainulindale

Ainulindale

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

I don't know about the plastic airplanes from 30 years ago as I was yet to be born.
As to the thanks, Ser, thanks as well for the Android app which is quite useful to bash some lannister heads :-)

#6 mhlarsen

mhlarsen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

The decal paper sound like a great idea, but where do I find the necessary heraldry?

Michael

#7 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

mhlarsen said:

The decal paper sound like a great idea, but where do I find the necessary heraldry? 

Michael

You'll need better computer skills than mine to size them, but here you go:

http://www.westeros....tadel/Heraldry/

OD

A Dwarf in Winter

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS