• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Hurlanc

Hurlanc

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:32 AM

hi there !

Liber fanatica usually come up with new cards or even new cards types. LF7 was published along his own Strange eons plugin (built by Sunatet and Jussi). I resumed their work, to add LF8 cards as well as brand new card types (ideas from FFG forums or LF discussions).

this extension is still under construction, since you folks always have thousands of new great ideas. Some updates are most likely to come up, with new stuff or existing stuff improvments. Feel free to ask for improvements/new cards and report any issues you could have.

You can get it >> here <<

HOW TO USE IT :

you can download Strange Eons alone here : http://www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/

open Strange Eons, Toolbox/Manage plugins/Open plugin folder
copy liberfanatica.seext in there and reload Strange Eons.

altenatively, you can double-click liberfanatica.seext to install it into SE <<<<<THIS DOES NOT ACTUALLY WORK

Make sure that you have the latest version of Java, and latest version of Strange Eons (i personally have v2.1 alpha 13)

- "i get error that ui-grid.selibrary is missing" >> "You can download the ui-grid.selibrary from the Strange Eons Website at http://www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/plugins/index.html" (hat tip Sorga68)
- All cards : some users seem to experience errors when loading existing cards >> make sure you have the latest version of SE, try to reinstall it wil all patches (check in the thread page 5-6 for related discussion)

WHAT CAN IT DO ?

most existing cards

LF8 cards (trade, trade locations)

CURRENTLY WORKING ON :

NPC and Ally cards (see the asbtract NPC thread in House rules sub-forum)
NPC cards are much like FFG NPC cards, and retainer cards (from lure of power)
Ally cards are a more abstract version of retainers (no stats no specific actions, only bonuses to PCs)

Encounter cards (LF9)

#2 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Yay! This has been  waited a long time!

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#3 GaiusIII

GaiusIII

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for another round of great work.  Much appreciated.

#4 Kickback

Kickback

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hello all,

Sorry for this first question, a bit stupid for sure, but i downloaded Strange Eons and the LF cards. When opening the toolkit, it open only the first card of each card type. How do you get all the cards ? What i have to do ?

#5 Hurlanc

Hurlanc

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Strange Eons, along with wfrp extension is a tool to create new cards. i usually choose an existing one to build my model, but that's all.

You wont find a resource to print all existing stuff, since it would be instantly smited by FFG/GW (more by GW than FFG though)

Considering LF cards, you can download them in the "hidden addenda" section on liberfanatica.net

#6 gregoire_lk

gregoire_lk

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Hi,

Thank you very much for this great initiative. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on my Mac or my PC laptop.

When I try to open the following cards, nothing happens : Item Card (Advanced), Trade Location Card, Trade Card and NPC Card.

With the debug mode, I can see the message "java.io.FileNotFoundException: The script needed to create the component could not be found".

Am I the only one to have this problem ? Any clue to resolve it ?

Thank you.

#7 Kickback

Kickback

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thank You for explanation Hurlanc.

#8 Hurlanc

Hurlanc

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

hmm

could you also add my own extension to your plugin folder ? you'll find it here : w3e.seext

tell me if it fixes the issue. i need to fix that anyway.

#9 gregoire_lk

gregoire_lk

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hi Hurlanc,

I previously downloaded the version 2.0 alpha 0.5 of the W3E from vendolis.org.

I have updated the extension with the version from your link, but it doesn't change anything.

When I inspect the liberfanatica.seext, I found something strange, but I don't know if it's conclusive :

In the LiberFanatica_class-map.txt, the link to the new cards file seem different from the files real name :

Item Card (Advanced)  = diy:LiberFanatica/lf9_item2_card.js, but I only found a lf9_item2.js file on /LiberFanatica.

For the 3 other cards, the link seems to use a /Liberfanatica directory, instead of /LiberFanatica.

Could it be the source of the problem ?

Thank you for your support.

EDIT : I changed the class-map file and it seems to work now.

#10 Hurlanc

Hurlanc

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

you're perfectly right !

not enough testing obviously :) i corrected it and uploaded the new version on dropbox

merci gregoire.

#11 Undermound

Undermound

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Great work!

I love the coin dropping function in the Trade Location card!

#12 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

In the Strange Eons software, on the portrait tab you can insert an image and edit it with the "Edit Original" option.

Which is the way to tell Strange Eons which sofware to use for the editing? I am working in two different computers and he chooses as default different image sofwares in each computer.

Cheers

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#13 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

Problem solve.

I hope I didn't ofend anyone with my total inutility regarding computers.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#14 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

Is there a special templace for the business cards? Looks like the nemesis cards, but with differences.

#15 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I can get the Strange EoNs program to create new cards with the downlaoded material from Liber Fanactica.  But I cant seem to open most of the pre gened files from these 2 links

But when I try to open them in Strange EoNs i keep getting errors This file requires wfrp3_adds.seext but is missing or out of date.

I copied the file that saved as wfrp3_adds.zip and renamed it. Put it in the plug in folder. But still wont open the files eg agent.eon

#16 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'll get you the strange eons extension shortly (I'll upload it to my gallery site for now).

jh

#17 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Alright.  Here's the link to a stack of all of them.  Make sure they're all installed.

https://dl.dropbox.c...eons-plugin.zip

#18 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

There any reason Dropbox wont save that file to my computer?

Not getting an error. Just says cannot download that file . Retry cancel view downloads

#19 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Okay.  No need to link that.

I just couldnt get the files to work.  I will just use the one downloaded by default by strange eons.

Likely I dont need the examples anyway.

#20 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Gallows said:

Is there a special templace for the business cards? Looks like the nemesis cards, but with differences.

The Nemesis cards were the template that I used to do the Business Cards for LF8. As we did not have Sunatet or Hurlanc available at the time, Jussi altered each card individually using illustrator software, I think, to bring about the slight changes I wanted to the Nemesis cards to make them into the Business cards. I do not know whether a Business card template has been done for Strange Aeons since then. Sorry!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS