A problem with game mechanics...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RAF1945

RAF1945

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

Officers alone should not be able to shoot if there are only officers in the squad...

It was almost comical when my friend had an 2 squads with only officers left that were flame throwers and had Merciless assault... EACH GOT 5 DICE ON A HEX WITH ITS COVER TAKEN OFF!

#2 Hefsgaard

Hefsgaard

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Right out of a war movie!

However, unless cutbacks in the army have reduced squads to just 4 soldiers, there are proberly still a few grunts left to actualy carry the flamethrower, as no real  officer would ever consider that kind of manual labour :-)

#3 RayGuns

RayGuns

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

RAF1945 said:

Officers alone should not be able to shoot if there are only officers in the squad...

It was almost comical when my friend had an 2 squads with only officers left that were flame throwers and had Merciless assault... EACH GOT 5 DICE ON A HEX WITH ITS COVER TAKEN OFF!

Very useful bit of info from the RCD (Rules Clarification Document) which can be found on BGG:

Q: In Tide of Iron, does each figure represent one soldier?
A: No. Each squad (one base with up to four figures) is a representation of somewhere between 10 to 24 soldiers – it varies a little from scenario to scenario. The easiest way to look at this is to think of each base as a small group of soldiers (about 12 maybe) and the figures – and specialty tokens – represent what type of squad it is and its threshold level (2 to 4 hits) before being removed from play.

#4 Grand Stone

Grand Stone

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

But yes, flamethrowers are insanly powerfull. Even with only one "squad" left.  Thats why in my games my oponents dont seem to like them. (I kill them entirely, first thing I do)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS