• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bitva

bitva

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hail folks,

I have been a player of both the Warhammer: Invasion and Lord of the Rings LCGs since (before) their respective releases, and have kept up to date with each unfailingly ever since. Since some of my friends had already been playing the Game of Thrones LCG since before I even knew what an LCG was, I am now directing my attention to this game.

There are just two questions before I dive in;

First, is the LCG entirely separate from the previous CCG? In other words, is it a different game, or will I need to chase down play sets of cards for this current game that were only available in the CCG?

Second, I know a number of previous releases for this LCG have been reprinted with the (much improved) new collation format. Which expanisions/cycles remain to be reprinted in this way? Are there definite plans to do so, or is it at least likely? I imagine the base set does not have 3 of each card, and that will not change.

Thanks for any info!

Ignorance if futile. Resistance is bliss.

#2 AceManUSC

AceManUSC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

The CCG is a dead game. Its all LCG now, you can't use the old cards.

The Core Set is a required starting point, and there aren't 3x copies of every card in there. Some people end up buying multiple core sets to get 3x of cards they want.

All the Deluxe Expansions are updated and in 3x format. I think it would be hard to find a 1st draft crappy version of Kings of the Sea or Princes of the Sun.

The chapter cycles in 3x format are now:

King's Landing (Recently reprinted in 3x format - older versions still floating around for sale), Defenders of the North (Recently reprinted in 3x format - older versions still floating around for sale) , Brotherhood Without Banners, Secrets of Oldtown and A Tale of Champions.

The chapter cycles that are waiting for a reprint in 3x format, but still available in 40 card are:

A Clash of Arms and A Time of Ravens

#3 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Hey there! Welcome to the community! First of all, you don't need any cards from the CCG. Some cards in the LCG are direct reprints from the CCG, but you obviously don't need the CCG version or anything. The core set is not 3x of everything, and you're right, I doubt that will change. The only other packs that aren't 3x of everything are the Clash of Arms and A Time for Ravens cycle of chapter packs. Everything else has been reprinted or was initially printed as 3x of everything. We are fairly certain that the two remaining cycles will be reprinted, but nothing has been officially announced as of yet. Also, it may be awhile before those two are reprinted, or it might be next month. We are still pretty uncertain of a time line. There really isn't that much you need from those packs though. Most of the stuff you would want was already printed as 3x in the pack. There are a few exceptions though.

#4 Tomdidiot

Tomdidiot

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

it's probably worth mentioning that unlike the Warhammer Invasion or LoTR Core Sets, The Game of Thrones Core Set is mostly made up of Singletons (180+ out of 220 cards), with a few duplicates and triplicates splashed in, so buying multiple copies of the core set is not a waste.

#5 bitva

bitva

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Thanks a lot for the assistance! I will probably go through purchasing the sets chronologically, skipping the two cycles awaiting 3x reprints. Again, my thanks!

Ignorance if futile. Resistance is bliss.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS