Names of Cards That Would Give You Chills

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

After seeing the "I Have You Now" card sleeves, my assumption is that this is the artwork that will appear on a card with that title in the Core Set. With that in mind, list any names of cards, irregardless of game text etc., that you'd love to see in this game.

Here are mine:

A Powerful Ally
Tarkin's Stench
Power of the Dark Side
You're Braver Than I Thought!

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#2 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

Tarkin's Stench, that sounds hilarious!

I suppose there would have to be a "I have a bad feeling about this..." card, that's kinda the law as regards Star Wars, it seems!

All art is quite useless

#3 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

Sign me up for cards titled: "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

#4 LobstaJohnson

LobstaJohnson

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

I vote for "Darth Maul: Dressmaker" ...that would give me chills.

:-)

#5 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

Of course, there will have to be the "it's a trap!" card.

#6 Genghis12

Genghis12

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

The Expanded Universe line:

• "So Artistically Done." (Thrawn, The Last Command)
  • "A Great Destiny Awaits You!" (Freedon Nadd, the Freedon Nadd Uprising)
  • "The Jedi Have Lost!" (Freedon Nadd, the Freedon Nadd Uprising)
  • "My Spirit Will Live Forever!" (Exar Kun, the Sith War)
  • "[Have the] Heart of a Jedi." (Vima Sunrider, Redemption)
  • "Ain't No Rodent!" (Jaxxon, "Eight for Aduba-3)
  • "Two Are More Powerful Than One" (Leia [and Luke], Dark Empire)
  • "Three Are More Powerful Than Two" (Leia [and Luke and Anakin], Dark Empire)
  • "Duel With a Dark Lady" (Lumiya, Star Wars #96)
  • "Suffer.  Suffer More..." (Lumiya, Star Wars #96)
  • "Little Fish Man, I Will Spit on Your Grave..." (Lumiya, Star Wars #96)
  • "Despair Now, Luke Skywalker!" (Lumiya, Star Wars #96)
  • "Welcome to Zeltros!" (Star Wars #104)
  • "I'm Calling You Dead." (Boba Fett [to Jodo Kast], Twin Engines of Destruction)
  • "Everything I Tell You is a Lie" (Vergere, New Jedi Order)

#7 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

"Meesa called Jar Jar Binks! Meesa your humble servant!"

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#8 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

I hope they make a "12 parsecs" card and keep it meaning time.. that would be awesome.
Also a interrupt spell "Shoot First"
Would like to see something with that giant worm in empires, that was awesome.
"The First Marker"
"No Disintegration!!" some kind of capture card
"Yub Nub" Card of some sort.

But the one we have to see is of course..

Use the force! and "Do or do not, there is no try"

I. J. Thompson said:

"Meesa called Jar Jar Binks! Meesa your humble servant!"

This game is original trilogy ONLY. So none of the pollution from the other films, it is the main reason I am interested in this game, as I am a huge fan but star wars has gone of the rails into something i despise after the prequels and all the "special editions" The fact that this is raw original trilogy (and with luck they will NOT make any illusions to the remakes of the original trilogy.. something that shouldn't be hard) makes this game unique and a throw back to the star wars I know and love.

PS - Go and find a copy of the HD - Harmy's Star Wars "Despecialized Editions" for the original trilogy.. not sure how long it has been for you, but watching the original trilogy and not seeing stuff that annoys you, makes you remember why you loved these movies in the first place. Track them down!

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#9 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

booored said:

This game is original trilogy ONLY. So none of the pollution from the other films, it is the main reason I am interested in this game, as I am a huge fan but star wars has gone of the rails into something i despise after the prequels and all the "special editions" The fact that this is raw original trilogy (and with luck they will NOT make any illusions to the remakes of the original trilogy.. something that shouldn't be hard) makes this game unique and a throw back to the star wars I know and love.

PS - Go and find a copy of the HD - Harmy's Star Wars "Despecialized Editions" for the original trilogy.. not sure how long it has been for you, but watching the original trilogy and not seeing stuff that annoys you, makes you remember why you loved these movies in the first place. Track them down!

Oh yes, I was just kidding. Believe me, I'm a veteran soldier in the fight against the Special Editions (well, more specifically, I feel that Lucas can tweak the films every year for all I care, but the original cuts must be preserved in HD to cement their place in cinema history). Also, I don't hate the prequels... though can say I would never ever recommend that someone new to Star Wars watch them all in numerical order.

As to a card name that might actually give me chills, hmm... how about "In, You Must Go" (you know, the cave).

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#10 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

The 'It's not my fault' card is a must :) 

#11 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

I'm going to assume there will be a "Jedi" descriptor that basically covers all Force-users and allows them to equip weapons such as "Lightsaber - Restricted. Jedi only." Or something like that. So with that assumption, "Dark Side Temptation," a card that has the chance of placing a Jedi character under the control of the encounter deck, would give me chills. I considered titles like, "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side" or "You, Like Your Father, Are Now Mine," but those just seemed too long make good card titles. Maybe one of those could be a flavor quote at the bottom of the card.

And Genghis12, I totally agree that "Everything I Tell You is a Lie" would definitely be a card that would give me chills . . . if they ever made it to the Yuuzhan Vong wars. Now that I consider it, that could be a really interesting era to explore because the encounter deck would become Vong warriors instead of the Empire and the Force Packs could start releasing allied Imperial cards. That was just an aside.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#12 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Budgernaut said:

So with that assumption, "Dark Side Temptation," a card that has the chance of placing a Jedi character under the control of the encounter deck, would give me chills. I considered titles like, "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side" or "You, Like Your Father, Are Now Mine," but those just seemed too long make good card titles. Maybe one of those could be a flavor quote at the bottom of the card.

Well, the original Decipher game was quite fond  of long titles. But to go in the other direction, Wizards' version opted for shorter names. I think "Dark Side's Temptation" sounds reasonable. There were two cards in the SWTCG that had a similar effect to what you're describing, dubbed Dark Side's Command and Dark Side's Compulsion respectively.

With that in mind, here are some SWTCG-inspired card names I'd like to see:

- Desperate Times (recursion)
- Failed for the Last Time (Empire deck conducting maintenance on itself)
- That's Impossible! (disruption)
- Falcon's Needs (ship buff)
- Kiss From Your Sister (character buff)

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#13 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

MarthWMaster said:

I'm not sure I'd "get chills" from "Kiss From Your Sister," but it's definitely a good humor card. I think I'd die laughing if they actually produced a card alluding to that. Does anyone know if other card games had a card referring to the Skywalker brother-sister kiss? I'm sure there was a "For Luck" card somewhere referring to Leia's kiss on Luke's cheek before swinging across the Death Star chasm, but what about the Hoth kiss?

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#14 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

I know Decipher had a card for Leia's kiss to injured Luke on the Falcon as they're escaping Bespin in The Empire Strikes Back. I don't remember the name of the card, but I'll never forget the flavour text:

"Han - 2. Luke - 2. Chewie - 0." 

[EDIT: Here we go:

and:

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#15 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

Budgernaut said:

MarthWMaster said:

I'm not sure I'd "get chills" from "Kiss From Your Sister," but it's definitely a good humor card. I think I'd die laughing if they actually produced a card alluding to that. Does anyone know if other card games had a card referring to the Skywalker brother-sister kiss? I'm sure there was a "For Luck" card somewhere referring to Leia's kiss on Luke's cheek before swinging across the Death Star chasm, but what about the Hoth kiss?

Yep. Each of the card titles in my previous post including "Kiss From Your Sister" appeared in Wizards' SWTCG. The card used the same picture as Decipher's "This Is Just Wrong" card above. And I think it used the same flavor quote. I think it gave a buff instead of a debuff, but it was otherwise an equivalent card since it referenced the same joke in the same way. (Though it was a Light Side card, I guess alluding to the idea that ignorance is bliss?)

– Beethoven

#16 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

Wow the more I learn of the CCG the more impressed I am. I guess in essence I only ever played with the starter set. I had maybe 20 booster packs from different sets, but that was it. I didn't even know there was a Hoth expansion set. I hope I can get on board with this game and stay with it.

And thanks for the pics, I. J. Thompson.

--Count Dooku

#17 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

How about the obvious "Cards that Would Give You Chills":

"It's Too Cold For Speeders"

"Your Tauntaun Will Freeze Before You Reach The First Marker"

Sorry, I can't resist obvious puns, good or bad.

#18 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

herozeromes said:

Sorry, I can't resist obvious puns, good or bad.

I admire your dedication, for as pun-lovers know, there will always be those who insist that ALL puns are bad, good and bad alike.

– Beethoven

#19 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

Maybe this was already done in the Decipher game, but I wouldn't know since I only had a few boosters. Anyway, I had an awesome idea this morning for a new card. It would be a pretty expensive card and I'm not sure how I'd want it to work, so I made two versions.

Spaarti Cloning Cylinder: Attach to a unique character. Attached character loses the Unique descriptor. If Spaarti Cloning Cylinder is discarded, the character remains in play, even if another copy of the card is already in play.

Spaarti Cloning Cyliinder: Attach to a unique character. Players may play multiple copies of that character while Spaarti Cloning Cylinder is in play. If Spaarti Cloning Cylinder is discarded, extra copies of the character remain in play.

The first one is easier to understand and not as powerful. Thematically, the first one says that the character you had played is actually a clone, so you could play a second copy of the card which would represent the original character. The second one represents that the character has been cloned using the cylinder so any number of clones can be played on the board.

--Count Dooku

#20 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

*I know that laugh* 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS