Commanders and strategize

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jasonspace

jasonspace

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

I recently played the expansion, which adds much to the base game in a good way.  However, I too have questions not covered in the book.  I was moving my commander with a strategize order and wondered if, I can move my commander into an area containing another hero.  I ask this because strategize states, "Move any of your units and heroes to adjacent friendly or empty areas".  Before when playing the base game we always moved are hero into an area that was empty but contained and opponents hero.  Can I still do this?

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Commanders are still heroes, and still follow the normal rules for heroes except where specifically stated.  Thus, with a Strategize, you can still move heroes into any friendly or empty areas.  Having enemy heroes there doesn't make them non-empty, so that won't stop them.  The only things that prevents them from moving with Strategize are if they are routed (from losing a battle, for instance), or if the area they are in has an Exploration token (unlike non-Commander heroes, they are NOT allowed to move out of activated areas).

Commanders can move, train, or heal during the Quest phase; they can even DUEL other heroes, they just can't quest.

#3 jasonspace

jasonspace

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

Thank you for the fast reply!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS