Photo

looking for music, and shareing some of my own.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 psykohippo

psykohippo

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

i would like to know what you people use for music in your game sessions. and if you can link an example from youtube that would be even better.

the reson for this is that even though i got my own playlist i still find myself using some of the same numbers over and over again.

here is my playlist: www.youtube.com/playlist

#2 kenshin138

kenshin138

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

I don't typically use music in my games. However, for a session aboard a space hulk I did use a small playlist:

VNV Nation - Main Theme (from Gene Generation) - 

Front Line Assembly - Synthetic Forms - 

VNV Nation - The Lair (from Gene Generation) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UgUw9IBuXs

Front Line Assembly - Silent Ceremony - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjxJ7pATU4

Otherwise, the theme from Event Horizon is good as it isn't too over-powerful for a game session.

#3 Aajz_Solari

Aajz_Solari

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

xx - Sorry for double-posting -

#4 Aajz_Solari

Aajz_Solari

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hey!

In order to keep the music in the 40k universe, you could use the following game soundtracks:

- Dawn of War 2 (you can get it free via the Steam platform, if I'm not mistaken), sounds like this:

- Space Marine (available as download from Amazon):

There is also the soundtrack to GW's animated movie Ultramarines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9AaTV4-yw

And, what also could work, at least in part, is the soundtrack of Batman: Arkham City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl7t4c4pwxM

What you get in these is a typically epic 40k-ish grandeur of chorals, horns and drums. I really like touse 'em.

Hope this helps!

#5 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

The "Overture" theme of the "Wing Commander" movie has become the unofficial main theme of my Rogue Trader campaign. It is usually being played in the background when my players start a journey through warpspace, or when I am doing a recap of the latest adventures.

The "Prelude to War" theme of the "Battlestar Galactica" tends to be played when we start a space battle.

#6 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

Pirates of the carribean sound track

Dakes Uncharted 2 soundtrack

Indiana Jones Soundtrack

#7 TiLT

TiLT

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

The music from the Fallout games is a natural go-to for me in Rogue Trader, particularly when the players are exploring alien planets. You can download the entire soundtrack from the first two games for free at the bottom of this page. That version of the soundtrack has been remastered by the original composer, Mark Morgan, and is in high quality unlike the tracks in the games themselves.

#8 Alasseo

Alasseo

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

John Bergin does some awesome stuff (as himself, or as/with c17h19no3 and other projects), but particular mention should go to his soundtrack for Traitor General available from [REDACTED], as well as the albums Terra Null and Terra Damnata.

He also did a freebie concept album for Games Day (I think Atlanta, but not sure) several years back called Music for Hammering, but that was a limited run promo. It's floating around the net somewhere, but the last I found it was on Pirate Bay, so be wary of malware, annoying pop-ups, etc., assuming that there's anyone still seeding.

Aside from him, check out Nox Arcana, Midnight Syndicate and Corvus Corax.

*EDIT:Well, crud. Seems that Mr Bergin has lost his domain name to a company selling power tools. I've pulled that link, I'll post a replacement as, when and if I find it.

There is no right, and no wrong, but having the bigger stick makes it so...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS