Army Lists?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 GameCafeShaun

GameCafeShaun

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

I haven't seen a lot of army lists, and don't see an appropriate sub-forum for discussing them. Where should I do that?

Also, here is an Allied list for your consideration:

Steel Rain, 28 points

Ozz, 24 points

Tankbusters, 30 points

Rhino, 22 points

Grim Reapers, 26 points

Foxtrot, 10 points

150 points.

Rhino + Reapers = anti-Infantry

Ozz +Tankbusters = anti-mech

Steel Rain + Foxtrot = anti-hero/anything

Jump + 2 move is just sick.

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

So first about the forum thing, this is the right place and there should probably be a sub forum for it though.
personally I've never really gone under 160 points wise and usually 200 is average for the smaller games so I would say bring a crack shots to round out the next 10 points for 160 as I find snipers to super effective at killing thing I don't want shooting at me. For more then that i would say look at another steel rain with spotters or Mickey. Also I would consider switching Rhino and Ozz's squads as vs Axis the tank generaly aren't very hard hitting vs infantry so heroic attack would be better for getting through the infantry. But overall looks fine just watch running out of ammo on Steel rain. 

#3 GameCafeShaun

GameCafeShaun

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

Really? Cause looking at stat cards it looks like Axis Mech are superior to Axis Infantry when attacking enemy infantry.

#4 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

I was mostly think of the Ludwig vs Infantry but the Luther only get its max rolls at CC range and the Lothar's 2/+ is arty so it has minimum range and besides that all you have to worry about is the mg 44, allies have the .30 cal and .50 cal. where as an axis player can field  Lara + recon for 15  rolls, at most an axis walker could hit you for is 10 which requires it being within 1 square of you(9 max otherwise).

#5 GameCafeShaun

GameCafeShaun

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

Yeah but pound-for-pound and point-for-point Grim Reapers are superior to Heavy Recon. Jump and 2 move is simply bettar than Damage Resistance.

#6 GameCafeShaun

GameCafeShaun

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Zombies

Zombies

Heinrich

Snipers

Angela (with Snipers)

Just shy of 130. Zombies are great anti-mech and Heinrich is great anti-infantry. The Snipers with Angela can take out heroes and specialized units.

DISCUSS!

#7 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'd say more flexible (Jump/Move2 vs DR), but not necessarily better.  Twice I've sacrificed IA3+DR Axis units to slip Markus & his Boyz through and smash those Jump/Move2 squads.  Bloody?  Yes, but whatever it takes.

#8 Hanomag

Hanomag

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think it comes down to a passive ability vs an active one in regards to which is better. If you find a way to utilize Jump/Move2 that is great, but if you don't you might wish you had DR.  Ultimately it is your play style that counts the most. 

-Jeff

#9 bigoc

bigoc

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

The list I used in Dust-Day Argentina (was champion of Axis):

• Markus + Gorillas
  • Zombies
  • Heavy Laser Grenadiers
  • Hans

The event was 130 points maximum.

#10 SuperAxisSanta

SuperAxisSanta

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

Just posted my list thoughts in GEneral Discussion under SSU proxy army.

#11 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

I excuse for digging up an old topic again, but as a newcomer to DT, I'd be very interested to see lists of successful armies and read about strategies for them. So if you are willing to share any of your successful creations, you'd have at least one interested reader (but I'd bet there would be more!). Thanks for posting!

#12 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

This list got me to second place at Gencon 2011 dust tactics tournament.
Axis Army List
160/160 Points
Manfred 16
Recon Grenadiers 16
Recon Grenadiers 16
Sniper Grenadiers 10
Sniper Grenadiers 10
Beobachter 5
Beobachter 5
Beobachter 5
Beobachter 5
Lothar 36
Lothar 36
11 units.

It tends not to work as well now that armor 3 more prevalent but it is still a very good team.

#13 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

That might be effective as hell, but man, what a dull army!

#14 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

It was a product of my artillery strike obsession at the time. Also I can't give away this seasons list right before regionals  but I'll be sure to post it after.

#15 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

I have to say I hardly ever use the same army twice - I'm a sucker for novelty and constantly want to try new combinations and ideas.

That said, I'm no tournament player, so I'm not putting all my focus into winning.

#16 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Loophole Master said:

Dull like hell... :D

I don't like to multiple a units choice - the only exception is Boebachter but that realy depends if I have left those  couple points left and nothing to do with it.

#17 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

Yeah, I'm completely against repeated units. I love the uniqueness of each unit, and the one time I played with repeated units they suddenly felt a LOT less special.

#18 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

Loophole Master said:

I'd rather put it the other way: That might be a dull army, but it's effective as hell! I'd really like to try this army, but I don't think I'll ever buy all those Beobachters. But maybe I can afford two ...

However, thanks for presenting this army. What exactly did Manfred do, by the way? Did he join one of the Recon Grenadier squads?

#19 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

yes, manfred goes with a recon squad. use the recon to poke your enemy into position, the beo's to drop the arty strikes and snipers to soften targets for the recon squads and pick off survivors from the arty.

#20 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Last weekend I played this list (200pts limit):

1. Lara

2. Stefan

3. Kommandotrupp

4. Heavy laser Grenadiers

5. Sturmpioniere Grenadiers

6. Recon Grenadiers

7. Beobachter

8. Beobachter

9. Lothar

Lara with laser boys, Stefan with Grenadiers. Loads of fun.

If could stick snipers I would exchange Beobachter so I would avoid repeating units but i was literally short of few points.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS