How many ships could there be?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Manchine

Manchine

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

Not being a big star wars fan but how many ships are there (that are different) on each side?  I know the X-wing and Y-wing and the Tie Fighter and Tie Bomber.  I think there is 2 other ones for the Rebellion.  Other then special ships like boba fetts ship and Falcon, what other ones are there?

#2 alien

alien

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

There is a Tie Interceptor also.

#3 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

LOL, you guys aren't huge fans, are ya?

REBEL: A-Wing, B-Wing, Z-95 Headhunter.

IMPERIAL: TIE Interceptor, TIE Defender.

Those are just the "basics." There's others that could be produced as well.

#4 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

Will we get to see the cool ships from the X-wing and TIE fighter video games, like TIE avengers, Assault Gunboats, T-wings, R-41 Starchasers, etc.?

There really are plenty of ships out there, it's just a question of 1) if this game will be popular enough to allow them to expand that much and 2) if those ships will sell well, even if they are produced.

From the book there are K-wings, Skipray blastboats, those Mandalorian ships...but then there's the question of era, and I don't know how much they will stick to the Rebellion era before the death of the Emperor.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#5 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

As parakitor sort of alluded to, there are other eras as well. IF the game is successful, you can betcher boots we'll see Clone Wars ships, too. Almost surprised they didn't START with that, actually; CW is kinda the full-thrust of Star Wars products right now. Plus, there are more fighter-scale ships available for it than for the Rebellion era. But I agree that OT was the way to go for the startup. Loooots of vessels to choose from, all eras considered. Much money to be made. Let's hope they deliver a good product.

#6 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

I remember a video with one of the reps saying we'll "see all the fighters from the films" (the link's around here somewhere). But he didn't specify if he was talking about just the classic trilogy, or all six films. The Millennium Falcon and Slave I were also strongly hinted at.

A big question is if FFG are going to tie these models in to the new RPG that we know they're working on. If so, we're gonna need more than the basics, and I'd be thrilled to have those R-41 Starchasers and Z-95s immortalized in plastic. Not to mention the gazillion varieties of transport ships that RPG PCs tend to cruise around in. But there's no doubt that sales will be a deciding factor... so I think it's a case of 'buy in heavily and hope they make Ghtroc freighters', or 'save your money, and get only the starfighters from the films'.

#7 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

I agree, I. J. Thompson. Fortunately, I now have the LEGO Millennium Falcon in possession, and have some money set aside for this game. This will be the first time I play a game like this where I want them to come out with more ships -- because I actually have money set aside to splurge on it! I'm so excited, and I will do my part to promote more of the EU craft.

• Revanchist likes this

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#8 Voxslain

Voxslain

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

I know it is called "x-wing" but perhaps they will also go into "capital" starships also. So then you will have a ton more options, ie stardestroyers and corvettes.  Also with every type of ship, you have "named" ships, ie Red 5, Executor and Black 1.  I am very curious about this one.  Starship battle is probably the least common aspect of ALL forms of SW gaming, from video to board.  It is hard to deal with it's mechanics, but offers tons of possibilities.

#9 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

Because of the large amount of effort & focus placed upon 'maneuver,' with all those movement arcs and all, I am guessing capital ships will NOT be a part. But that's just my guess. On the other hand, just 'cos it's called "X-Wing" doesn't mean we won't see Clone Wars ships too (after all, that IS Lucas' big focus right now), and that opens up all kinds of new ship possibilities!

#10 Voxslain

Voxslain

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

IG-58 said:

Because of the large amount of effort & focus placed upon 'maneuver,' with all those movement arcs and all, I am guessing capital ships will NOT be a part. But that's just my guess. On the other hand, just 'cos it's called "X-Wing" doesn't mean we won't see Clone Wars ships too (after all, that IS Lucas' big focus right now), and that opens up all kinds of new ship possibilities!

I admit I have not watched a lot of the cartoons.  I seen bits and pieces from what my nephew watches.  But it does appear that is what is being pimped right now.  My nephew and his friends are way into the universe beyond the cartoon or the Clone Wars.  So I can see the possibility for tons of ships and it reaching more than just a bunch of old SW dorks, HA!

#11 EmpireErik

EmpireErik

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Accidentally went to the end of the forum and caught my eye. 

Edited by EmpireErik, 15 June 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Empire: 1x Tie-Defender; 1x Tie-Phantom; 10x Ties; 7x Tie-Int (3 reds; 3 sabers, I int); 6x Tie-Bombers; 1x Firespray; 1x shuttle; 1x tie-adv; 1x slave ship.

Rebels: 5x X-wings; 3x Y-wings; 2x B-wings; 1x A-wing; 1x Falcon; 1x Hawk; 1x E-wing; 5x Z-95s; 1x transport.

#12 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

Cool, doesn't mean you should post into the thread and necro it.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

• Revanchist likes this

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#13 Corellian Corvette

Corellian Corvette

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Sees face-palm picture above, and suddenly compelled to find another face-palm meme picture.

i-want-a-facepalm-button.jpg

Edited by Corellian Corvette, 15 June 2014 - 10:18 PM.

• Revanchist likes this

4 A-wings, 2 E-Wings, 6 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 3 B-wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 YT-2400, 1 GR-75, 1 CR90

1 Decimator, 3 TIE Fighters {o{} |o| {}o}

Favorite Lists: The B's (Oh God Not the B's!), Opticore

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS