Bringing Other Classics Back...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Erhardt

Steve Erhardt

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised to see Fortress America making a comeback... which made me think what other classics I'd love to see FFG update, and the foremost on my mind is the old FASA universe of Renegade Legion.  I always felt it was criminally ignored in the late 80's.  There isn't much I wouldn't give to see FFG spin that IP back into life.  What do you say, guys?  Update and modernize Renegade Legion?  I think it'd be a winner.

#2 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

The only Renegade Legion game I am interested in is Circus Imperium, which is barely RL - -  but to be fair, I'm not a big minis battles guy. CI, however, is a blast and would totally work as an FFG game.

I also hope they got the license for Vegas Showdown. That is a fun game as well, good resource management, and a popular game at our store. I think FFG could do one hell of a job with that game.

#3 Steve Erhardt

Steve Erhardt

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

CI would make a premium FFG game, no argument there!  I'd say it would definitely fit in the FFG library with the least amount of reworking, to boot.

I'd like to see FFG reimagine the whole RL franchise, though.  I still want my Centurion, Interceptor, Leviathan, and Prefect, but with the modern gaming sensibilities that FFG has become known for.  I just have a feeling that if they took a swing at it, they could truly capture the feel and fluff of the old games while updating and streamlining the actual gameplay mechanics to something modern that wouldn't intimidate contemporary gamers.

Unfortunately, with the Star Wars license they recently acquired (which I'm also looking forward to, don't get me wrong), they've kind of already grabbed the niche of "space opera" but... I'll continue to dream...  =P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS