feelings?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 geki

geki

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:50 AM

Has any user even tried this game? What's it like?

#2 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:23 PM

um... no, but http://new.fantasyfl...ws.asp?eidn=206

seems very kiddy-y. Good math skill building it looks. And there are evil negative sheep and cows! MOOOOO!

Would buy for a younver cousin... if I had one... :(

#3 Mokus

Mokus

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

I love sheeps, so this comes to my sheep-collection :)

#4 CanadianPittbull

CanadianPittbull

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:12 AM

I read the rules for this game and it sounds like a lot of fun! I will be picking this up for my one of my nieces for Christmas. I have always encouraged them to be more into board games and board gaming that every year I look for games that they would like and would be something they and their Uncle Pittbull can play until they are older and can get in on some of the bigger games.

#5 Vespers

Vespers

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:30 AM

The love of my life is an elementary school teacher. We've been looking at this one as something she might introduce into the classroom on days when the wee ones have been especially well behaved (yes, I'm aware of the irony given the title).

#6 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:01 PM

vermillian said:

seems very kiddy-y.

Which is why it is in the Family/Kid Games section.

Personally, it isn't the kind of game that I would play.

#7 Roxas

Roxas

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

This actually seems kinda fun. I may have to make a point to pick it up and try it at one of my game nights.

#8 Hawknight

Hawknight

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

I have an 8 year old niece, is she too old for this game?

#9 unitOne

unitOne

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

Well this game is like playing cards. Same combos as playing cards, two of a kind, two pairs, full house, flush etc. You have cards and figures. The pens are filled with two figures, and then you try to make the best combo out of the two figures and the three cards that you will play on the pen. The person with the best "hand" gets the figures and on the bottom of the figure is a number. After all the figures have been collected, you add all the numbers together from the bottom of the figures and total them, Black Sheep gives a negative value. Then there are bonus's you can get like having all BLK Sheep means you win. Like shooting the moon in hearts.

It is a blast for kids, and i dont think that 8 is too young i thought my 3.5 yo son to play. I must admit i modified the rules a bit but he enjoys it and it still follows how you should play the game. 

#10 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

Not played yet (it´s on the way, though), but the game seems as a nice introduction to poker. And what´s more, with plastic animals :)

#11 kukuruza

kukuruza

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:04 AM

this very interesing game

#12 Kriztoff

Kriztoff

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

I'm owner of Doom BG and expansion and looking for somethig different tahat I can play with my family and the friends that doesn't like complicated board games. This one has attracted my atention of late, i've read the rules and looks funny and entertaining... I'll give it a try!!!

#13 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

I know it's been a long time between replies, but another good family option is Micro Mutants. It's more of a dexterity game than anything else, but take a look at it. Yeah, I've been pondering this one, too. Sometimes I buy the more kid friendly stuff awaiting grandkids since my own are in their mid-teens.

#14 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hawknight said:

I have an 8 year old niece, is she too old for this game?

Not at all.  My 8 and 10 year old nieces play it.

#15 Madboyo

Madboyo

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:20 AM

Whats the best age range for the game?

#16 Seren

Seren

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:29 AM

Probably 6-12, I would guess. I own it. We play it together as it's dubbed - a family game. It tended to be the top choice for game night for my daughter when she was 8-9. Now that she's 10, maybe we've played it out a bit.

#17 Seren

Seren

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

We played this game tonight again. I noticed on the box bottom it says ages 8+.

#18 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

sounds like a great game , i'm tempted .

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS