Can you terra form alien planets?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hasharin

Hasharin

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:03 AM

I was wondering, alien planets would be the ideal thing to terraform so can you terraform them? I'm not sure where i read it but I thought somewhere it said that you could only terraform water and food planets.

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

You are correct, you may only terraform water and grain planets.

The only thing a terraformer does is score you 4 points when you build it, so I'm not sure why terraforming an alien world would be better than terraforming any other.

#3 Hasharin

Hasharin

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Because you can't build anything else on an alien planet unless you want points, so you might as well just do that. That would be a very interesting game though, just building a factory on a water and a grain source, and then terraform as many planets as you can, and then play the score card. Which would give you 3 points for  every terraformer you have, and 3 points for being in the lead which you probably will be. And then if you wanted to build another colony you could always trade a few water or grains. I think I'll try it out next time I play, and then I'll post for you to see how it went

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS