Arianne Martell card (rules questions)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nachof

nachof

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

I have a couple of questions after my first game with Martell (second game overall, but first was a 4 player game).

1) Tyrell attacks, Martell plays Arianne, and loses. Tyrell can't advance into the area. What happens to that area? If there is a token, does it remain? If there is no token, I assume that control is lost (because Martell has to retreat anyway).

2) Tyrell attacks an area that has a Consolidate Power order token. Martell plays Arianne, and loses. Martell retreats. If we assume that in (1) Martell keeps the token he had there, what happens to the order token? Can it be resolved later even without troops there? What if Martell later moves troops into the area?

3) Tyrell attacks, plays Loras. Martell plays Arianne, and loses. What happens with Loras' ability? I assume Tyrell either can't move the token and has to discard it, or can move the token and it's not resolved anyway because there are no troops. Is this correct? Another interpretation would say that Loras' ability means he keeps his token in the source space, but a strict reading of the card doesn't seem to support this.

Thanks.

#2 illuvatar

illuvatar

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

nachof said:

I have a couple of questions after my first game with Martell (second game overall, but first was a 4 player game).

1) Tyrell attacks, Martell plays Arianne, and loses. Tyrell can't advance into the area. What happens to that area? If there is a token, does it remain? If there is no token, I assume that control is lost (because Martell has to retreat anyway).

2) Tyrell attacks an area that has a Consolidate Power order token. Martell plays Arianne, and loses. Martell retreats. If we assume that in (1) Martell keeps the token he had there, what happens to the order token? Can it be resolved later even without troops there? What if Martell later moves troops into the area?

3) Tyrell attacks, plays Loras. Martell plays Arianne, and loses. What happens with Loras' ability? I assume Tyrell either can't move the token and has to discard it, or can move the token and it's not resolved anyway because there are no troops. Is this correct? Another interpretation would say that Loras' ability means he keeps his token in the source space, but a strict reading of the card doesn't seem to support this.

Thanks.

1. The area isn't conquered, so the token remains.

2. If there is no troops, orders can't remain and are lost.

3. The area is not conquered, so the ability of Loras doesn't match. "If you are attacking and win this combat, Move the March Order token into the conquered area (instead of discarding it). The order March may be resolved again later this round."

#3 Butaman551

Butaman551

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Actually, that is incorrect. We had this question on another forum and someone sent into FFG for an official answer. This is what they said...

"The token is still removed. Arianne's text ability simply prevents the winning units from occupying the newly won area. But, in all other cases, they are still considered to have won the combat and should follow the rules accordingly."

So the power token and the consolidate power order would both be remove during the combat cleanup phase as normal. Your third question is a bit more difficult, but I think I saw that answered somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. 

By the way, FFG has requested we send in any questions we have using their rules question form sothey can use them to help build their FAQ. 

#4 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Where is the Rules Question Form?

#5 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Found It!

Rules Questions HERE:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS