Photo

Your favorite custom GOOs, investigators, heralds, guardians??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

I'm putting together an order from Artscow for 30 5x7" prints (see my other recent thread about that deal) and rather than scour through dozens of pages again to find some more things to add, I'd like to ask the regulars here if you wouldn't mind posting a few of your very favorites to this thread, preferably in 300 dpi quality (or with the SE file so I can render it at that quality).  Ideally, these would be things that you've already playtested and feel integrate really well with the game.

What I need are:

Investigators
GOOs
Heralds
Guardians
Institutions
Anything else that's in the 5x7 or 4x6 range

(I'm not opposed to things that require extra components like cards or tokens, but they would have to be really amazing.  I suppose all of the investigators require extra tokens for their markers, but usually I can find a substitute from among the original 48, or use some other pawn or game token to represent them, so that's not a big deal.)

And the sooner, the better, as that Artscow deal ends on the 20th, so I want to get my order in by then.  But I think this could be a good thread to highlight and showcase some of our "greatest hits."   These can be things that you've created or that you've found elsewhere and particularly appreciate.  I'll post a few of mine here later.

#2 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

Fav GOO: Eihort.

Herald: The King in Yellow.

Fav Inv: Akachi Oneyle.

Know it's not the point, just felt like thinking about it.

Check a few last pages for my custom investigators I recently uploaded there.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#3 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

Without doubt in my mind, the best custom expansions are the Masks of Nyarlathotep and Vermont Horror with Cult of the Dark Scarab, Dark Corners of this Earth and some of the spanish material also well worth your attention. For Individual material I recommend the "Avatars of Nyarlathotep" and "16 Custom Investigators".

I'm curently in the process of bringing version 2 of the Lovecraft Country Horror up to speed, and hope I can live up to the standards of some of the material outlined above. (PM me if you want to know more)

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hi Grudunza,

nice topic. So...

Guardians: Hermes, created by Amikezor (it's the only Guardian I tend to use, sometimes, because it offers you a chance to trigger some special cards otherwise scarcely used)

Heralds:
generally speaking, all the things created by Avi, Veet and Amikezor rock. But anyway, these are my fave

Rovdjuret's Masks Herald (terrific!)
Avi's: the Maskless One, the Faceless One, The things in the rift
Amikezor's: the Sheldon Gang membership

As for my creations, I playtested all of them several times. You can follow the link in my signature if you want to look at them, but anyway my suggestions are:

- Institution: The Cult of the Thousand
- Heralds: don't go with the Inhabitant of the Lake (I should rework a couple of things on this one). Good are "The Weaver of Worlds" (to be used with Atlach), "R'lyeh awakens", "'Umr at-Tawil" and if you want a very tough game, "The gate to the void"

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

What Julia said :') but out of my own stuff my favorite thing, by far, is Janus.  Just because it adds to the potential complexity of the game so much.

I'm also still extremely fond of Basatan (Baasatan?)  It's probably the best aquatic enhancing herald I've seen.

My favorite heralds tend to be ones that fix game mechanics that weren't designed well...  But I also like anything clever or challenging.

This makes me feel like I should fix Kerathimel tonight...

[edit: aaaand, done]

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS