URGENT : Female character help us !!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jashugan_sky

Jashugan_sky

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

I don't know if you want to design an expansion for this game (it will be great !!!)

But please we have women and girlfriends playing with us.

It's really hard to make her playing on such a game with big guns, numerous ennemies and bloodbath.

How can we interest her if the only character she can play is a body-buildy spacemarine ? (forgive my bad english i'm french)

I don't know the video game and don't know if there are female character but please put them in the game, we can imagine a sniper girl or an intelligence or medic woman...

thanks

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

It is quite likely should an expansion come out that Anya Stroud would be one of the new COGs. In the books there are couple of other females, one is a sniper (Bernie Mataki) and Gears 3 features another female COG, Sam Byrne.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Jashugan_sky said:

It's really hard to make her playing on such a game with big guns, numerous ennemies and bloodbath.

If she's not interested in the theme as is, I don't see why having the option of playing a character with **** would change her mind.  It's still the same game, no matter how her figure's plastic bits are molded.

I doubt that FFG will draw on supplementary materials like books, but if there's a female COG in Gears 3, there's a pretty good chance she'll show up in an expansion to this game, I think. And we all know how much FFG loves them their expansions, so the odds of getting at least one seem pretty high.

#4 Jashugan_sky

Jashugan_sky

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

You know as me that you can really immerse in a game (or movie or book) if you love the characters... :)

Yes the game is the same but you don't only play a plastic figure, you play YOU !!!

#5 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

Jashugan_sky said:

I don't know if you want to design an expansion for this game (it will be great !!!)

How can we interest her if the only character she can play is a body-buildy spacemarine ? (forgive my bad english i'm french)

I don't know the video game and don't know if there are female character but please put them in the game, we can imagine a sniper girl or an intelligence or medic woman...

thanks

Have a look on boardgamegeeks : there are couple of really good custom characters with sheets for anya and others guys from the video games.

#6 Armydillo978

Armydillo978

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

If a person can get "into" their character and mini (which I think isn't so far out) then they will enjoy the game experience more so than just settling for a "generic" figure.   Perhaps using the pre-painted GoWclix figures might make her get into the feel of the game more.  It's as valid as most other thoughts on the game are.  :)

#7 Jashugan_sky

Jashugan_sky

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for your answers... :)

#8 Leatherface

Leatherface

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:55 AM

Anya Stroud, Samantha Byrne, Alicia Valera... Yes, need girls in GOW !

And for me, i want Victor Hoffman (OK, less sexy but i'm playing with him on videogames).

#9 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

Leatherface said:

Anya Stroud, Samantha Byrne, Alicia Valera... Yes, need girls in GOW !

And for me, i want Victor Hoffman (OK, less sexy but i'm playing with him on videogames).

same answer, available on Boardgame Geek Gow's amateur stuffs. Excellent quality production, nice abilities.

#10 Leatherface

Leatherface

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

Yes but i don't say no for an official extension with these miniatures inside !

#11 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

Leatherface said:

indeed.

#12 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Leatherface said:

Agreed!

#13 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:16 AM

Jashugan_sky said:

Yes the game is the same but you don't only play a plastic figure, you play YOU !!!

In Soviet Russia, you don't play COGs, COGs play you!

#14 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

I hope they make figurines for all campaign characters that were in the second and third, especially Anya and Carmine (I'd prefer Gears 3 Carmine since that is probably what the expansion set is going to focus on).

If they do make a box expansion, they need another red die (cover + dodge happens often enough to warrant it), a replacement card for Roadblocks typo: "Level 3 should use room 12A instead of 3A", and I personally would just like to see Skorge have his own figurine (I mean they have unique figurines for the COGs and Berserker; why did they skip Skorge?).

#15 the-hypnotoad

the-hypnotoad

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yeah I think there is a lot of fertile ground for an expansion: I'd like to see Carmine too (the survivor - was his name Clayton?) as well as Dizzy. Also some new lower level locust could be added - snipers with longshots (they would have interesting AI cards since they'd probably try to move away from the cog instead of towards), and grenadiers with shotguns and a grenade to toss.

Also a mini for the grinder and Skorge would be nice to go with the cards, and we could use a card and mini for another boss-locust: the armored kantus! Raam would be cool too. (I won't ask for a Brumak; I'm sure the cost of the plastic would be cost-prohibitive)

But what I'd really love to see is a silverback mini along with a silverback bay map tile where it could be acquired. Maybe the silverback's health could work the same way the berserker does with a 2-sided token. It starts at 6 health then first wound is down to 4, second wound down to 2.

I know FFG loves to put out expansions so I'm really hoping we hear something soon about what's in the works!

#16 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

I printed custom character cards from BBG (carmine, anya, hoffman)

I bought anya heroclix, repainted it, put on a proper stand. It's really nice. We even tried à 5 players game which was great (génération for 4 players)

I also bought skorge's clix

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS