I actually got some things painted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:32 AM

It has taken a long time to get started on the models but I actually have a few units finished. Here are the highlights:

This Recon Rangers unit was the first unit to be painted. After that it was time to paint the Gunners:

They have been painted in the same camo as the Recon Rangers. The entire model was sprayed with GW Bleached Bone and then the camo spots where added using GW Skull White. All metal was first painted GW Chaos Black and then in GW Boltgun Metal. The backpacks are painted GW Snakebite Leather with an Ogre Flesh wash.

For my Germans I decided to go with Black as the base for the army and the Laser Grenadiers where the first unit I painted. GW Chaos Black for the basecoat with GW Fortress Gray camo spots that have GW Space Wolves Grey in the centre. The wires are GW Blood Red with GW Fiery Orange and GW Goblin Green with 50/50 Skull White/Goblin Green over that.

Seeing that I have more Allies units in my collection than Axis, I decided to "donate" one of my BBQ units to the Axis. I did replace the heads with some german heads from Warlord Games and replace the flamer with a PZB 39 (anti tank rifle). Each model also has a backpack, again from the Warlord Games German sprue.

I have already painted Pounder and Hotdog and have made a start on the German walkers but with other projects going on these will have to wait for now

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

I Really love the red trim and your German BBQ squad, the rifle also adds a unique touch, also thanks for listing the bits source.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS