Photo

Do bloodquest cycle battle packs focus on one faction each?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Turin

Turin

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Like in the capital cycle?

#2 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hopefully not. It's painfull to buy battlepack for 1-2 cards you are interested in because nobody have those cards for swap (like I'm looking for Buccaners, Sons of Coin, Countermoves and Burial Mound and nobody is willing to swap for my cards like Pilgrimage, Innovation, Contested Village, Warpstone Excavation or Long Winter).

I

#3 Turin

Turin

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

I don't understand... the number of all cards for a faction in a cycle would be the same, so you'd have to pay the same to have them all. However, if most packs have only few cards for a faction you're interested in, it's more probable that you won't need it - ergo your expected expenses are lower. There may be a negative psychological aspect each time you buy the pack not dedicated to your faction, but for most gamers it could mean sersious savings.

#4 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

I play DE and EMP.

Inevitable City - Scions of Misery and Mannfred for DE and Buccaneers and maybe Stegadon for EMP + Willpower - 5 cards of 20  - great. I can live without Scions, Stegadon or Willpower but Buccaneers and Mannfred are rather worthy to have. So 2 out of 20 - even greater...

Realm of the Phoenix King - Maybe Spawn of Kintearer and definitely Spoils are worthy to have. Again 2 out of 20...

The Iron Rock - Sons of Coin, Countermoves and Burial Mound - 3 of 20...

Oh man...

Even my buddy with whom i used to buy b'packs together (he plays Dwarves by thw way) said there is no point to buy those battlepacks just for literally few cards.

#5 Ellyrik

Ellyrik

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

No more than 20% of cards are played anyway. This game is clearly unbalanced whereas it has no commercial aspect (rarity...) :

Here you can whip me.

#6 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

daniello_s said:

I play DE and EMP.

Inevitable City - Scions of Misery and Mannfred for DE and Buccaneers and maybe Stegadon for EMP + Willpower - 5 cards of 20  - great. I can live without Scions, Stegadon or Willpower but Buccaneers and Mannfred are rather worthy to have. So 2 out of 20 - even greater...

Realm of the Phoenix King - Maybe Spawn of Kintearer and definitely Spoils are worthy to have. Again 2 out of 20...

The Iron Rock - Sons of Coin, Countermoves and Burial Mound - 3 of 20...

Oh man...

Even my buddy with whom i used to buy b'packs together (he plays Dwarves by thw way) said there is no point to buy those battlepacks just for literally few cards.

how many cards did u use in your other battlepacks that your saying your only using 2 cards of 20 and besides unless you play competitive and prolly need every card anyway do you obsolutely need every card

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS