Bugs in the PoDs (potential spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

From my experience, the popular fan-made scenarios I have played have NO bug (once revised enough ^^). That is a shame that FFG sells products with so many MAJOR bugs.

This post is meant to help the players to fix the problem of the two last PoDs and help FFG revised them.

Season of the Witch

I found no bug. Though the Cult Robes in master bedroom is placed randomly in 3B (I think ?). Since it is a very powerful object, there might be an error there.

Silver Tablet

There is a minor bug in the map (Ceremony Room should be labeled Chapel).

There is a minor bug in the seeding Coat Room 2A should be "Trapped Door" instead of "Dark Room".

There is a Major bug concerning Q5. There is something I quite don't understand in the Q5. The Q5 (as it is) does not fit neither the seeding nor the clues. If I assume that the clues are error-free (which may be a wrong assumption ^^), the seeding for 4A/4B in Chapel, Dinning Room, Master Bedroom and Hallway 2 are correct. 

But then the Q5 does not make ANY sense. Who cares about having the carbin or the smith and Wesson in Entryway or Bathroom. Really it does not matter at all. Plus the Mudroom does not make any sense to me either (where is the Symbol of Elder Light if not there ??).

Finally, there are 3 tiles in the house where there is absolutely no reason to explore (Corner Hallway, Hallway 4 and Secret Passage). 

edit: [...] removed, since the version has been posted below.

I'll post a revised version (ready to print) of Clues 4, Choices and the Seeding very soon. This is too bad since the mechanics of this story are GREAT but the seeding/map crappy !

Till Death Do Us Part

The Q4 should be Q5, the Q5 should be Q6. And the Q4 should be
"Q4: The Music Sheet is in: 4A). The secret passage. 4B). The furnace."
In the seeding, the 5A/5B from Chapel and Graveyard should be 6A/6B.
and the prologue should be 6A/6B instead of 5A/5B.

I believe that could be fixed with a pencil. The rest of the scenario looks great.

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#2 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

Here you go. A ready to print bug free version for Silver Tablet. I stayed as close as I could to the original scenario, but still decided to use the corners (Front Yard and Corner Hallway) instead of the central already visited rooms for clue 3 (Dinning Room/Master Bedroom). Therefore, you need to print the two new Clues 4 to play it. Besides this change, I really sticked to the original story. Enjoy !

For Till Death Do Us Part, I believe you guys can correct the Q4/Q5/Q6 and the prologue yourselves ^^ (as explained in the top post).

#3 coyote_blue

coyote_blue

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

Thanks much for the edits.  However, in trying to use print labels to adjust my existing cards, instead of printing new stuff, I noticed the following:

*Your Seeding list has a "Mudroom", which is not a part of the starting map.  That entry should read "Master Bedroom".

*For people who are writing the edits over their existing cards, it's easier to swap the answers for question 4 around, as well as 4A and 4B's clue cards.  Then, you can simply relabel the room names for the Dining Room and Master Bedroom into Front Yard and Corner Hallway, respectively.

*I suggest Grammar edits for the clue cards you provided.  You can just copy my text from here:

Chapel clue: "Inside the chapel, a large window has broken inward, but a trail of blood says that someone was dragged out through it.  Whatever did this must have come from outside.  Strange, since you saw nothing unusual in the garden..."

Hallway clue: "In the dim light of the hallway, you almost don't see the robed, mutilated corpse huddled in the corner.  The dead man is holding a blood-soaked note.  It reads, "northeast corner", and is wrapped around a key."

Again, thanks so much for figuring this out.

FOLLOW-UP:  FWIW, your additional setup question for "Til Death Do Us Part" is acceptable, but unnecessary.  The original question four presets BOTH keys (the machete and the sheet music) by simply asking you where to place the machete, then puts the other key across the house.  Further, a new keeper may accidentally use both questions to put the keys too close together, and handicap himself.

#4 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

Thank you very much for the feedback (happy it is helpful to some of you guys). ^^

I'll try to incorporate your suggestions asap. Though, it will be difficult before the end of my vacations.

Anyway, I agree on most of your points. For Till death do us part, that sounds like what I got as a response from Corey about a bug in that PoD:

"

Question #4 should read:
"4. The sheet music is in the:
a. the Secret passage
b. the Furnace room

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
"

For the silver tablet, there is a mudroom (where the altar is). I was trying to balance the seeding of the symbol of the ancient ones depending on the keeper choices (eitehr bathroom or mudroom).

I will post a more detailled response with the changes very soon.

best

#5 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

Thank you very much for your inputs coyote_blue

So here are the debugging strategy

Silver Tablet

Print the SIlver Tablet Bug Free version (I have inverted 4A and 4B as well as amended the clues).

Till Death Do Us Part

Just replace Q4 with

Q4. The sheet music is in the:
a. the Secret passage
b. the Furnace room

best 

#6 Valentijn

Valentijn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Amikezor, thank you so much for the fixes! I played the Silver Tablet expansion a couple of days ago for the first time and we used your fixes to great success.

Unfortunately, I had printed the modified clue cards some time ago and they were still the inverted versions, which led to some confusion early in the game. By the way, it seems that the link to the most recent bugfree version is dead, so maybe somebody could fix this? Anyway, once I figured out that I simply had to hand the investigators the other clue card for Clue 4, it ended up as one of the most exciting games of MoM I played so far - second only to the one time we played Season of the Witch! (Haven't had a chance  to play the other two PODs yet, and I'm still waiting for official news on FA before getting that expansion.)

I chose scenario 1b, which ended up with me needing to stall the investigators so they would be hurt but not dead before the finale, then set my hounds upon them before they could reach the final clue. I had a very good chance of winning but the investigators - 3 of the 4 only having one wound left - had some luck and used some clever tactics in the game's climax and won the day in a very satisfactory way.

I just had another look at the original seeding for the game and it looks quite messy indeed, with the seeding for Q4 and Q5 confused all over and some of the seedings being very irrelevant to the story and the game mechanics. Your seeding modifications and Q4/Clue 4 rewrites really did the trick! (And, obviously, reading the prologue from Q5 rather than Q4…)

#7 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

very glad you had a good time. Thank you very much for the feedback, Valentijn.

I actually made an important update on the silver tablet (only in french for now). I will post in two weeks the english version, but until then I will be in vacations in NYC ^^ youhou.

best

#8 KafkaTamura

KafkaTamura

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

Hey, amikezor

Trying to get a hold of your revised version of The Silver Tablet rules, but the link doesn't seem to work. Any chance you could help me with that?

#9 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Sure, I will. Sorry for this. I have revised my revised version (after few tests) and will post it by tomorrow.

best

#10 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

Here is an updated version of the fix for Silver Tablet. I decided to slightly change the prologue, the clues 2, 3 and 4 (to follow a new seeding and improve the story coherence), and the staring space and decided to reduce the invisible wing to 2 (when it costs 3, keepers never use it). I have counted the steps for every options you can choose, they are similar. It may well be the case that several mistakes with english wordings are around. I would be very glad to incorporate any suggestions. These are minor modification, I tried to stay as close as possible from the original spirit, while just boosting exploration and story coherence.

Silver Tablet (revised version sept 2012)

cheers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS