Couple of rules questions:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zomboner

Zomboner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hey, been playing GOW BG with my girlfriend for a couple months, and really enjoying the co-op gameplay!  We have a couple things we wanted cleared up and didn't find any answers on the FAQ, so here goes (if the answer is covered somewhere else, sorry!)

1. Wretch AI card 10/35:  The card says "Then attack a COG figure in the area that is not in cover (if able)."  Does that mean if there is a COG in the area in cover the wretch will not attack, or does it just mean it will attack a COG not in cover preferentially, but will attack a COG in cover only if there is no other target?
  2. Wretch AI card 11/35: The FAQ says that when an omen spawns a wretch, it activates during the current Locust phase, but do the wretches spawned by this AI card activate?  It seems to me that if there are no wretches in play, you go to the "Otherwise" text, resolve that, the end.  Just want to be sure.
  3. Lambent Wretches: do Lambent wretches deal damage only to COGs when they die?  (I actually had a different question related to this, but just re-read the card and might have been playing wrong!)
  4. General AI 7/35: "If no emergence hole in your area:" a sealed emergence hole doesn't count as an emergence hole, right?  (pretty sure about this, just want to be sure)

Thanks for any help with these!  

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Zomboner said:

1. Wretch AI card 10/35:  The card says "Then attack a COG figure in the area that is not in cover (if able)."  Does that mean if there is a COG in the area in cover the wretch will not attack, or does it just mean it will attack a COG not in cover preferentially, but will attack a COG in cover only if there is no other target?
  2. Wretch AI card 11/35: The FAQ says that when an omen spawns a wretch, it activates during the current Locust phase, but do the wretches spawned by this AI card activate?  It seems to me that if there are no wretches in play, you go to the "Otherwise" text, resolve that, the end.  Just want to be sure.
  3. Lambent Wretches: do Lambent wretches deal damage only to COGs when they die?  (I actually had a different question related to this, but just re-read the card and might have been playing wrong!)
  4. General AI 7/35: "If no emergence hole in your area:" a sealed emergence hole doesn't count as an emergence hole, right?  (pretty sure about this, just want to be sure)

#1: Wretch will only attack a COG in its area that is not in cover, if all COGs in the area are in cover, it will not attack.

#2: Is that the otherwise spawn 2 wretches at each emergence hole within 4 areas? For Group AI cards, you do either the top half (if any matching Locust in play) or the bottom half if none in play, usually spawning new Locust(s) of that type, but not both.

#3: Yes, LWs only damage COGs whereas Tickers damage all figures in the same area when they die.

#4: Yeah.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Zomboner

Zomboner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Excellent, thanks so much!

RE #3: Aha!  ok, my original question applies to tickers:  

If you have a room with two tickers and a drone, let's say.  You shoot one ticker, it explodes dealing one wound to the other ticker and the drone (now the drone is wounded).  Then the second ticker blows up and deals another wound.  That kills the drone, right, because it only takes one wound to kill a wounded drone?  

So if you had a boomer in the same room as 5 tickers and you kill a ticker, it blows up dealing one wound to the other tickers and the boomer.  Do the other 4 tickers all blow up at the same time, dealing 4 damage to the boomer (killing it) or do they deal one damage one at a time (so the boomer is left wounded)?

I was a little unsure on when the wounds get applied.

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Yes, I would say so. Each Ticker's death is its own source of damage as I see it, not for example 1 dmg for the initial Ticker and then 4 dmg for the other four. Boomers are tough, they can take five Tickers blowing up in their face and only get wounded.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Zomboner

Zomboner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Thanks again, sounds good!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS