Photo

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:48 AM

Lord of the Ring: The Card Game

- LackeyCCG Plugin Version 7 -

So LackeyCCG is finally out for iPad!! Woot-a-loot-a-lot. You can now use lackeyCCG to play on Mac,PC, Linux and iPad, iPhone vs any users on any of the other platforms!

Just a note, I do not own a iPad (android forever, *******!) So if you are having problems with the iPad version the place to ask is the LackeyCCG forums.

I have been meaning to update all my plugins so expect some updates to Star Wars LCG, Death Angel and Android Netrunner.

Also, DropBox should work fine now, there was a problem for a while, where the plugin wouldn't download, that should be fixed. Still, it is a good idea to run the plugin updater as soon as you have installed it as occasionally 1 or 2 files will error in the initial download.

For Detailed Install Instructions see the bottom of the Post... for the rest... here is the Plugin Link!.. just copy the link (right click copy url) and paste it into the LackeyCCG plugin installer.

Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (LCG) - LackeyCCG Plugin Version 7

Have Fun and ROLL HIGH
--Tragic

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS TRY COMPLETELY REMOVEING THE OLD PLUGIN FOLDER AND REINSTALL IT

Fixed

- Dropbox now works again! Plugin should install!
- The iPad context menu should now show a "FLIP" card function.
- Missing ReadMe.txt file that is causing problems on iPad version
- Phase 4 sound file is now fixed!

Added

- The Voice of Isengard
- Nightmare: Mirwood 1/6 - The Hunt for Gollum
- Nightmare: Mirwood 2/6 - Conflict at the Carrock
- Nightmare: Mirwood 3/6 - A Journey to Rhosgobel
- Nightmare: Mirwood 4/6 - The Hills of Emyn Muil
- Nightmare: Mirwood 5/6 - The Dead Marshes
- Nightmare: Mirwood 6/6 - Return to Mirkwood

- Some buttons to automatically peak at your deck. 3 Buttons to peak at 1,3,5
- Some buttons to automatically scry encounter deck 1. 3 Buttons to peak at 1,2,3

KeyBoard Functions

You can set your own keyboard functions to anything you wish, by clicking PREFERENCES button and then clicking KEYBINDINGS. These are just what I use. Feel free to change ANY button but the F!! and the F12.. if you change these you will break some of the scripting functions. Remember you can always update form the url at any time to reset everything to defaults.

Keybindings in Lackey are pervasive across the application, so if you use "t" for take control, then every time you type "t" in the chat window it will trigger the hotkey. So I am using SHIFT+T and CTRL+T to turn On and Off tokens. There is a bug in LackeyCCG at the moment that makes windows systems beep if you use ALT+t.... so for now it is SHIFT+T.. but will go back to ALT once the bug is fixed.

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

] = Next Phase (auto save each advanced phase)
[ = Last Phase
F4 = Advance Turn

F3 = Draw Quest Card
F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card
F7 = Draw 2nd Encounter Card
F8 = Draw 2nd Shadow Card

F12 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

SHIFT+T = Take Control of Card

SHIFT+Q / CRT+Q = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+W / CRT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+E / CRT+E = Quest Token (Add / Remove)

SHIFT+A / CRT+A = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+S / CRT+S = Red Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+D / CRT+D = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)

SHIFT+Z / CRT+Z = Blue Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+X / CRT+X = Cross Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+C / CRT+C = Green Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+1 = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CTRL+2 = Clear Drawn Markings

SHIFT+R = Roll 6 sided Dice
SHIFT+F = Flip Coin

For the record I change the hotkeys so they do not use the SHIFT modifiers, as I always use a voice communication and never use the chat window anyway.

There is are some helpful BUTTONS near the chat window.

SAVE - Save the current state of the game
LOAD - Load saved game
DRAW 6 - Shuffle your deck, then draw 6 Cards, then announce in chat you are drawing your star hand
Mulligan - Announce a Mulligan, then discard hand, shuffle deck, draw 6 cards
Choose - Picks a random player as 1st player
Scry # - Peak at the top cards of encounter deck 1
Peak # - Peak at the top cards of your player deck

Refresh - This is hotkeyed for Mac and Pc users to F1 by default, but iPad users... use this button to refresh. It will also raise your threat +1 and draw a new card in a single action.

Useful Console Commands

Remember lackeyCCG has a huge list of console commands to let you do awesome stuff... see the full list at lackeyccg.com! Though here are some real useful ones!

/save NameYouChoose (Save the current game, includes all decks)
/load NameYouChoose (Load a save game)
/senddeck # (This command will send you deck to the other player and download it directly to their deck folder, replace the # with their seat number.. so if their name is 3rd in the list it would be "/senddeck 3"

Detailed Set up Instructions

After download and install the application, Click the PLUGIN tab at the top of the screen.
Untitled_2.jpg

Now copy this link: Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (LCG) - LackeyCCG Plugin Version 6

Use "right click / copy link" to do this.

Back in lackey click the "Paste Auto Update URL" and it will be pasted in.. then click the INSTALL BUTTON.
Untitled_3.jpg

That is it.. the plug in will now work!! All you need to do is tweak a few things to get the most out of it...

Optional Tweaks After Install

Make sure you go into preferences / player profile and set up your server user name and choose a avatar. Otherwise you can not play multiplayer
image.jpg

In Appearence, UNTICK "Mark Card Viewer Image Pop Out on Mouse Over"
Untitled_5.jpg

In Performance set it to HIGH!
Untitled_7.jpg

In Miscellaneous set the tick boxes to this image!
image.jpg

well that it is.. hope you have fun guys!

Have Fun and ROLL HIGH
--Tragic

Edited by TragicTheBlathering, 07 October 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#2 Woz

Woz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Looking forward to trying it with the APs.  A couple buddies and I tried it a while ago.  It was a little slow, but played okay.  We abandoned it since it did not keep up with our actual decks.

#3 silverhand77

silverhand77

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

I have been playing with the OP and our friend HilariousPete. It is a bit clunky but it works really well. We use skype so we can communicate and there is also an ingame chat if you don't have a Mic. If anyone wants to play please let me know, I'm always up for a game and I'd love the chance to meet some new players :)

you can email me at dcallman77@gmail.com

#4 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

Tragic,

MAN thank you for the work you put into this!  I downloaded it last night and I really enjoyed it!

Just for the record, I own the Core and all the Mirkwood Cycle expansions and I can't wait to buy the new Expansion.

So, just one question:

Unless I missed the trick...It's kind of a pain to have to manually drag the encounter cards back to the encounter card discard pile.  The problem is that I have to switch from viewing my "Hand" and back several times durring a round.  Of course I can just drag the discard cards off to the side until i'm done with the round but I liked the ability to right click a card and send it to the discard piles. 

Is there any plan (or way) to add the right click -> TOP OF Encounter Discard Deck for the encounter cards and shadow card?

Thanks!!!

#5 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

I have been PM'd on other sites and YouTube about this a lot, so I thought it best to copy this reply into the 3 posts I have on the various forums....

Q1 - How come there is no RIGHT CLICK on CARD/SEND TO TOP OF ENCOUNTER DISCARD option?
Q2 - Dose the RIGHT CLICK on DECK TAB/REVEAL TOP X CARDS work correctly? It seams wired.

Short Answer
Q1 - No. There is no RIGHT CLICK on CARD/SEND TO TOP OF ENCOUNTER DISCARD, yet.

Q2- No. The "reveal" functions do not work on the encounter deck. Do not use it. BUT it works 100% for the player decks, so use this for "Gandalf's Search" or "Mountains of Mirkwood" or "Gildor Inglorion" or any card that scrys the PLAYER DECK. Eventually you will be able to use this function on the encounter deck but as yet it is NOT possible.

Long Answer
LackeyCCG is a constant work in progress, the addition of "shared zones" witch I am using for the encounter deck is relitivly new addition to lackey. So at this time there are some problems though they will be addressed eventually.

Q1 - The best way to handle the "encounter discard" is to open the encounter discard pile on the right hand column. Then simply drag the discarded encounter cards to it. Remeber there are game functions that key off the discard decks ORDER. So it is important to drag to the correct place, this means the VERY TOP of the discard pile. This can be irksome as well due to the fact the it is very easy to drag to the wrong place as the position slider on the far left can sometimes not be pushed always to the top, so while it looks like you are dragging to the correct position you are in fact dragging to somewhere in the middle of the deck. So if you use this method, you need to make sure you drag to the TOP of the column, and also that the slider bar is hard pushed to the TOP.

The other method, is more safe, but can be a bit annoying, as the "drag" target is small especially on high resolution monitors. Still, this is the safest method, if you drag the card you wish to discard to either of the ENCOUNTER DISCARD tabs, it will always place the card on the top of the encounter deck in the correct place.

Q2 - The "RIGHT CLICK on DECK/REVEAL TOP X CARDS" function works 100% perfectly on the player decks.

At the moment though it dose NOT WORK on the encounter deck. Simply do not use it. Remember most card affects that allows you to scry the encounter deck, for example Hunt for Gollum quest effect or Denathor's ability are "private" effects due to the "no table talk" rule. The scry'n decisions are NOT group decisions.

So until the "RIGHT CLICK on DECK/REVEAL TOP X CARDS" function on the encounter deck can select individual players to only be able to see the cards, it is not usable and be legal to the rules of the game. For at the moment when using this function "everyone" can see the cards and there is no way to stop that.

On top of that, the popup window is unable to send cards to the correct discard pile, so that needs to be fixed as well, and I am sure it will be addressed when ever the LackeyCCG designer gets a chance. He is very busy and of course needs to consider many more games than just LoTRs when he is doing upgrades to LackeyCCG.

on the encounter deck is not working either. Witch is why in my game demo for HFG I scryed the encounter deck using the "drag" method. This is defiantly the most irksome bug in lackey for LoTR-LCG and needs to be addressed b4 I can claim this plugin is 100% conversion. Still this will be fixed in latter releases of LackeyCCG.

For now rule of thumb is SIMPLY DO NOT USE THIS FUNCTION ON THE ENCOUNTER DECK.

For an demo on how to scry the encounter deck.. click this link... for now this is the only way to do it legally according to the rules.

Using Denathor - www.youtube.com/watch
HFG Quest Effect - www.youtube.com/watch

I hope this helps!

Have fun
--Tragic

#6 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

I've got lackey and OCTGN. I was trying to organize a group of people to play but was having some trouble.

I also tried out an alternate method of long distance gaming using physical cards. I put a post up on my blog about that just yesterday actually: tabletopgeeks.com/long-distance-gaming/

#7 Avalanche

Avalanche

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

Svenn said:

I've got lackey and OCTGN. I was trying to organize a group of people to play but was having some trouble.

I also tried out an alternate method of long distance gaming using physical cards. I put a post up on my blog about that just yesterday actually: tabletopgeeks.com/long-distance-gaming/

Hey Svenn I don't normally read blogs but I actually find yours interesting and I do read yours its great!  Just thought i'd tell you that.  It almost convinced me to get Warhammer Invasion but still have not positive if I should or not.  Anyways I think your blog is great.

#8 silverhand77

silverhand77

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Svenn said:

I'll play, just shoot me an email at the address on my post above :)

#9 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Avalanche said:

Svenn said:

Hey Svenn I don't normally read blogs but I actually find yours interesting and I do read yours its great!  Just thought i'd tell you that.  It almost convinced me to get Warhammer Invasion but still have not positive if I should or not.  Anyways I think your blog is great.

Thanks! Good to know that someone is enjoying it. :) If you have friends to play with and enjoy competitive games, Warhammer Invasion is definitely fun to play.

Back on topic... silverhand, it probably won't be until after the holidays but I'll try and email you at some point to play. You can also add me on Skype as I'm trying to accumulate friends on there to play LCGs with. My skype name is svennethir.

#10 silverhand77

silverhand77

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Svenn said:

Back on topic... silverhand, it probably won't be until after the holidays but I'll try and email you at some point to play. You can also add me on Skype as I'm trying to accumulate friends on there to play LCGs with. My skype name is svennethir.

No worries, I've just added you :)

#11 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

Version 2.1.1 Is up!

Fixed: The Provided Hunt for Gollum Encounter deck to include the correct Encounter Cards

Fixed: Dunedain Mark now displays as a Attachment, instead of a Event

Change: Changed the naming conventions for all Encounter Cards, so that now grouping by "sphere" in the deck editor will place all encounter cards in the same block for easy readability.

Added: Added 6 new Custom Quests made by NinjaDorg. Check them out in this thread at BBG - boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66659/ninjadorgs-lotr-lcg-scenarios

I think everything is working, let me know if you find any more bugs!

#12 Bungo_Underhill

Bungo_Underhill

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for doing this I find it a lot easier to leave a game set up on lackey than out on the table with my two year old running around. Looking forward to trying the extra custom quests! 

When are you expecting to release catc?

#13 silverhand77

silverhand77

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

On a side note to the main discussion here, I would like to say that I don't think it is appropriate to play this game on any online platform if you haven't already purchased the actual cards or at least intend to and by that I mean are wating for them to become available. If you don't have the actual cards, you are essentially stealing from FFG. As it is, FFG already limit the usable card pool in that AP's have to have been availbe for 6 months before they can be included in a plug-in. If FFG were to discover that people were using the online versions and not purchasing the actual cards, they may ban online play completely, which could reult in legal action for copyright infingement etc.

If we can show that we are respecting the fact that FFG need to make money from this game so they can keep creating and expanding it by continuing to purchase the cards, They may start to actually sanction the use of online platforms and allow us to use the full card pool instead of having to wait 6 months as is currently the case.

So I would like to appeal to all existing or would-be online players, Please make sure you buy or are intedning to buy ASAP all of the actual cards. It is the right thing to do. Personally, I won't play with anyone who isn't doing t his. I hope everyone else feels the same.

#14 Bungo_Underhill

Bungo_Underhill

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

TragicTheBlathering said:

Version 2.1.1 Is up!

Fixed: The Provided Hunt for Gollum Encounter deck to include the correct Encounter Cards

Fixed: Dunedain Mark now displays as a Attachment, instead of a Event

Change: Changed the naming conventions for all Encounter Cards, so that now grouping by "sphere" in the deck editor will place all encounter cards in the same block for easy readability.

Added: Added 6 new Custom Quests made by NinjaDorg. Check them out in this thread at BBG - boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66659/ninjadorgs-lotr-lcg-scenarios

Not sure if it's just me playing on a Mac, but I'm not seeing any of the quest cards for the 6 new custom quests.
Also mark is still displaying as an event for me...

#15 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Bungo_Underhill said:

Not sure if it's just me playing on a Mac, but I'm not seeing any of the quest cards for the 6 new custom quests.
Also mark is still displaying as an event for me...

Hmmm, seams a few people have had the "auto-update" thing not working.. I am not sure why.

Fix - 1

If you are not getting the update then go into lackeyCCG and press the PREFERENCES button, look for the PLUGIN tab, and there should be a button called "Install or Update Plugin".. press this and it should manually update.

If Fix 1 not work .. try Fix 2!

If there is STILL no update, go into the plugin dir of lackey and remove this file.... "pluginsLoTRlcgsetsCardDataFiles.txt" Then do a manual update.

If Fix 2 don't work Trry Fix 3!

That should fix it all for sure.. BUT if you are still having problems.. just completely remove the LoTRlcg dir from plugins and reinstall the plugin afresh. If you like backup the dir "pluginsLoTRlcgsetssetimages" to save the card images, and make shore you back up any player decks you have made "pluginsLoTRlcgdecks"

Hope that helps!

#16 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

silverhand77 said:

So I would like to appeal to all existing or would-be online players, Please make sure you buy or are intedning to buy ASAP all of the actual cards. It is the right thing to do. Personally, I won't play with anyone who isn't doing t his. I hope everyone else feels the same.

Well, that's really ... idealistic of you. I'd like to point out though that there is no way for you to make sure your opponent has bought any cards 

Of course any means to play the game online for free will attract freebooters - that's human nature: You don't pay for something if you can get it for free (without effort).

#17 silverhand77

silverhand77

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

jhaelen said:

silverhand77 said:

Well, that's really ... idealistic of you. I'd like to point out though that there is no way for you to make sure your opponent has bought any cards 

Of course any means to play the game online for free will attract freebooters - that's human nature: You don't pay for something if you can get it for free (without effort).

Yes I realize that there is no way to make sure an opponent has actually bought cards, but I will ask anyway. It may be human nature as you say to not pay if you can get it for free, but that doesn't make it right.

I assure you that both of your points had crossed my mind, which is why I made my post in the first place. I'm just hoping that anyone who might want to play online has considered the fact that they should actually buy the cards too. 

#18 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Version 2.2 is up!

Change: audio volume for phases increased

Added : Conflict at the Carrock AP!!! Go punch those trolls!!!

#19 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Version 2.2.1

FIX:- Seams I forgot to add Grimborn the Old to the set.. whoops!! Oh well, it should be all fixed now!!

Please comment if you find any bugs .. have fun... 

#20 Carder89

Carder89

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

First I would like to say: thank you for this plugin it has helped to learn the game, when I know no people who play it in my neighbourhood.

I don't know if the culling of the barrow downs is also part of your plugin or someone else's but the Erestor hero card has a picture of Anborn, also from TcaB.

Again keep up the good work!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS