Future mini games

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Biggs

Biggs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

I know I'm new to the forums, but I was wondering if anyone knew what types of mini would be coming out next year along with the x-wing game. Are the minis going to be prepainted or will we be able to paint them ourselves? Sorry if this has already been answered. I was at Gen Con and am really excited about the x-wing game and the card game and was just hoping for some info on the mini game. Thanks!!

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:17 AM

Welcome to the forums! I haven't heard anything about any other miniature game, but I'm betting they'll be pre-painted as well. Just a hunch.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 Biggs

Biggs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

Thanks! I was hoping they would be paintable so as to avoid the bad paint jobs like wotc. I know heroclix used to have some bad paint jobs but since NECA bought them the minis look really good. I'm sure Fantasy Flight will put out some awesome looking minis. The x-wing minis looked great.

#4 kuffdaddy

kuffdaddy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

the one future mini game I am hoping for is a star wars skirmish style game.   Just like x-wing may be kinda like wings of war, lets hope ground battles for star wars will be like dust tactics or dust warfare.  same miniatures for two separate games that are if anything FFG has come along way in the sculpting areas of minis

#5 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

We HAD a skirmish game (SWM), and it was pretty fun. What I'd like is something different -  a little more "macro," if you will. I'd like to see something along the lines of a SW equivalent of Axis & Allies. Not the RULES, mind you, just a game that focuses on larger battles with the big machines & all. Foot soldiers would exist, of course, but they'd generally take a back seat to the walkers, Hailfires, gunships, various tanks and so on. With the big battles we've seen in the films and in the Clone Wars series, I'm REALLY surprised no one has hit on this. You can't tell me this wouldn't be fun! Sorta like... Galactic Battlegrounds for the tabletop.

#6 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

IG-58 said:

Sorta like... Galactic Battlegrounds for the tabletop.

I was thinking the same thing. Well, Empire at War with table tops. Anyway, I think it's a great idea, but I can just feel it in my bones that FFG is going to take a more Dust Tactics approach. That game looks amazing (though I haven't played it), and it seems really popular. And it would look great to have all those high quality miniature stormtroopers running around.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#7 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

I want to see large scale battle on a smaller scaled game.  Sort of like a Star Wars version of the old "Epic Armageddon" scale [6mm].  This way you can do the huge battles with hundreds of troops and large scale walkers...

#8 Jb45

Jb45

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

i like alot of you would love to see a 28mm(like dust) ,or even a 6mm(epic).wotc made a lot on the collectable mini market.if ffg has the rights to do more games,they would be foolish if they did not jump on it.28mm stormtroopers,clones,rebals ,and droids.they dont even have to be painted.make a kit,like gw dose with there models.if they would have a good rule system,they got andy chambers doing the dust table top rules.have him do one for 28mm.i would love to have a table top star wars game like 40k.

but i think we are all dreaming.if there like most of the gaming co,they more than likely dont even read the forums.or care what we think.

#9 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Jb45 said:

i would love to have a table top star wars game like 40k. . . .but i think we are all dreaming.

I don't know. Star Wars sells, and it sells really well. I think they already have a skirmish game boiling in their minds, but they need the sales on these first two games to make it a reality (which it probably will). They may read our opinions here on the forums, but I think that they have a pretty good idea already about where they want this license to go. And let's face it, the fans are clamoring for a new RPG (though I don't see why), so that's probably first on their list of upcoming Star Wars games.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#10 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

IG-58 said:

I'd like to see something along the lines of a SW equivalent of Axis & Allies. Not the RULES, mind you, just a game that focuses on larger battles with the big machines & all. Foot soldiers would exist, of course, but they'd generally take a back seat to the walkers, Hailfires, gunships, various tanks and so on. With the big battles we've seen in the films and in the Clone Wars series, I'm REALLY surprised no one has hit on this. You can't tell me this wouldn't be fun! Sorta like... Galactic Battlegrounds for the tabletop.

+1

#11 Toco

Toco

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Gobbo said:

I want to see large scale battle on a smaller scaled game.  Sort of like a Star Wars version of the old "Epic Armageddon" scale [6mm].  This way you can do the huge battles with hundreds of troops and large scale walkers…

There's a thread on GeekDo about a guy who combined the Epic 40,000 ruleset with the 6mm Star Wars Pocketmodels. This creates a massive battle like Star Wars BattleGrounds.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS