Hitting Stores January

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Will Fuqua

Will Fuqua

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

Distributors are asking for orders to be turned in no later than December 31st and arriving at stores early January.  It's the same with the X-Wing game.  

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

I appreciate the head's-up, but I must admit I'm skeptical about the source. I think I'll hold off my excitement until we get an official FFG announcement.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 Will Fuqua

Will Fuqua

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

#4 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Given that we've had no further updates other than the initial announcement from FFG a January release date seems a tad over optimistic. I'm just hoping we might get some sort of Christmas bonus announcement. I really don't expect this game before April.   

#5 Will Fuqua

Will Fuqua

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

I work at a gaming store and the photo is from a coworker who stopped by our distributor to pick up the newest YuGiOh release.  He photographed with his cell phone the ordering information that will be going to stores when they deliver this week.  You can of course think of it as an error.  I'm just passing it along and I'm personally trusting the company that it knows what it's doing.  As for no FFG announcement, who knows.

#6 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

I want to believe, and I will, as soon as I see any kind of news about it here on the FFG website. 

I hope you are right, not only for the sake of your own personal bragging rights, but also so that we can get started playing ASAP. Need that Chewbacca deck. 

#7 armakis

armakis

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

Would be the greatest news of the week !

But as the others in order not to cry, I will wait for an official announcement

Anyway Thnaks for the news !! 

#8 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

It would really make my day/week/year, for sure, but I can't help thinking how haunted by delayed released of games FFG seems to be. If I keep thinking this game won't be released until Easter, then any earlier will just be a bonus...

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#9 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

The company could be jumping the gun, but i doubt it, this timeframe sounds about right. Unless ffg runs into some huge play testing issues or the artists arent meeting their deadline im pretty sure we will have an announcement within the next couple of weeks if not sooner. Especially now that someone has let the dire cat out of the bag.

#10 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

The company could be jumping the gun, but i doubt it, this timeframe sounds about right. Unless ffg runs into some huge play testing issues or the artists arent meeting their deadline im pretty sure we will have an announcement within the next couple of weeks if not sooner. Especially now that someone has let the dire cat out of the bag.

#11 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

So yeah excited about this news :)

#12 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

It's been only 5 days since WillFuqua posted the image and I must say I've failed miserably at not getting excited. I think about this game almost all the time now, which is frustrating because the lack of announcements means THERE'S NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT!  On several occasions I've been proverbially "this close" to preordering, but I want just a little more information first. I am getting so desperate for some news that I am about ready to drop my courteous facade and start whining for updates! . . . wait, that's what I'm already doing, isn't it? [nervous laugh] Okay, I'll try to be more patient now that I've unloaded my feelings. (But it's so hard!) All I have to say about these SW games is "UTINI!"

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#13 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

and offcourse it just isn't true.

Since the discussion here has stopped but apologies and corrections have been made by the owner of that prinr=ted shet the date was in there by misfake so june it is. As long as it isn't delayed so late 2012 I guess. Seems I am getting more and more demotivated to get this title.

It would be best to have this title out by the time episode 1 comes out in 3d in february folks. Momentum works. but as with star wars merchandise itself it always somewhat of a dissapointment anyway. More of the same reprints and just a lil bit digfferent then a previous release to get the fans buying.

No news any time soon and I guess the star wars fans feel they got the shaft again! FFG now is the time to get the news out!

#14 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

sorry about my english

printed sheet and mistake are the words that need to be in there. :)

#15 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

So as of today this LCG has bee moved from "At the printer" to "In development." I think it's safe to say that this product will most definitely not be hitting the stores in January . . . unless of course we mean January 2013, in which case this statement would be quite plausible.

--Count Dooku

#16 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Wow. Considering they could have just kept its status as 'at the printers' until release if they wanted to, this is an interesting development. Perhaps late-stage playtesting revealed some big holes in the gameplay. If that's the case, I confess I'm glad they're taking the time to get it right, instead of just releasing it with an accompanying 68-page errata download.

#17 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

Wow. Considering they could have just kept its status as 'at the printers' until release if they wanted to, this is an interesting development. Perhaps late-stage playtesting revealed some big holes in the gameplay. If that's the case, I confess I'm glad they're taking the time to get it right, instead of just releasing it with an accompanying 68-page errata download.

I totally agree. I feel like moving its status on the "Upcoming" page, although not exactly the kind of news I was hoping for, makes me reassured that at least they haven't forgotten about this game completely.

In fact, this development feels a lot safer for my pocket book after the holiday rush. I can wait for a good product. And the wait means I'll actually be able to buy it when it comes out!

--Count Dooku

#18 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

Maybe the card game was at the printers so they could put the game back in development to play test? ;-)

#19 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

maybe they want to time it with teh 3D cinima release of the original trillogy at the end of the year?

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#20 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

We're only getting The Phantom Menace in 3D this year. If it does well at the box office, we'll see one per year (in order) over the next six years (per Rick McCallum).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS