Changing Seasons

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BenStark

BenStark

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Ok, after finally finding the FAQ and scouring it thoroughly, I can't find anything that discusses the changing of the seasons.  I've got another in game situation that needs resolving regarding seasons. 

Player A plays the Crown of Mereen (no White Raven in play), which makes it Summer.  A turn later, Player B plays the Crown of Winter (no Black Raven in play), to make it Winter.  Player A believes that both seasons occur at the same time, while Player B believes that the Crown of Winter changes the season from Summer to Winter. 

So, what happens in this situation?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

#2 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Both Seasons at once.  Doesn't seem logical, but yes, it can be Summer and Winter at the same time.

#3 BenStark

BenStark

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Seriously? That does sound...illogical. 

So, how do you stop a season? In the example above, would I need to play a White Raven to cancel the Summer effects?

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

It helps if you think of the seasons like traits for the entire game environment.

BenStark said:

So, how do you stop a season? In the example above, would I need to play a White Raven to cancel the Summer effects?
You "stop" a season the same way you stop any trait in the play environment - by using an effect that removes it, or removing the card itself from play. In your scenario, you either play one of the Ravens (making the crowns pointless), or you discard the crown attachment from play.

#5 BenStark

BenStark

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Ok, cool.  Thanks for the info, folks.

#6 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

They should add Daffy Duck to this game where he can change it to "Wabbit Season".

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS