Photo

Purchased Core Revised-- Still worth buying the original?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emuscles

emuscles

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

My friends and I have just started playing, though we're already looking to expand.. We're wondering if it's worth picking up the original core set in addition to revised, or should we just grab a few expansion units?

#2 alien

alien

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

The original core is a great deal, a lot of units, two medium tanks and two heroes for a litle price compared with separate unit buying. My suggestion is to buy a old core before it go.

#3 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

Yes, you have to just to get enough dice :/

#4 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

Major Mishap said:

Yes, you have to just to get enough dice :/

Dice I hava plenty of.  Any six-sided will do, just everything is 5+ or 4- on rolls.

#5 Tarnis Phoenix

Tarnis Phoenix

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

I've roughly compared them and the Core Set (1st, larger box) gave roughly $200+ dollars worth of models. I grabbed 2 of them off amazon.com for about $60 a piece... They are totally worth their price and I highly suggest them. Earlier heroes such as Sigrid and Bazooka Joe are worth it in Tactics

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS