Welcome & Introduction:
Welcome to what looks to be my second Solo Player LOTR LCG Tournament of the Week. The idea behind this tournament is that for one week (Sunday – Saturday), everyone is invited to participate in playing a particular quest with particular deck building requirements in a Solo Player Tournament. You are then invited to record and post your final score, the heroes you used, and any additional narrative that you’d like to add.
Note: this is not a place to post results from the past. The tournament has a one-week lifespan, and only games played and recorded throughout this week are valid. As the week unfolds, I will keep this first post updated with the Top Ten results. (Each participant can occupy a maximum of one Top Ten spot at a time, so you’re welcome to try and best your own result throughout the week.)
Will you place in the Top Ten for the week? I hope you’ll participate and find out!
After the end of this week’s tournament, you are welcome to continue to post results to this thread if you continue to play this particular quest under these particular parameters. However, the Top Ten on this first post will not continue to be updated after the week is over, thus preserving (like a time capsule) the results from this week’s tournament. Further, please refrain from using this thread for extensive theorizing and/or conversation that is not directly related to this particular tournament. Nothing against other conversations – it’s just, that’s what other threads are for. Specifically, if you have ideas for a future tournament of the week, feel free to suggest them in the Ideas Thread.
And now… on to this week’s Solo Player Tournament!
Solo Player Tournament #2:
Quest: Passage Through Mirkwood
Deck Parameters: Open Build, Monosphere Deck Only*
Number of Players: Solo Play – 1 Player/1 Deck
*In deck building for this week’s tournament, you may use cards from any number of available sets and adventure packs to construct your minimum 50-card deck. However, you may only use cards from a single sphere of influence + neutral cards.
1. Bungo_Underhill ~ 38 (Prince Imrahil, Aragorn, Glóin) [3B: Don’t Leave the Path!]
1. muemakan ~ 38 (Aragorn, Prince Imrahil, Glóin) [3B: Don’t Leave the Path!]
3. OnkelZorni ~ 49 (Frodo, Dunhere, Éowyn) [3B: Beorn's Path]
4. wraith428 ~ 51 (Dunhere, Éowyn, Frodo) [3B: Beorn's Path]
5. Chac ~ 54 (Prince Imrahil, Theodred, Glóin) [3B: Beorn's Path]
6. Mighty Jim ~ 60 (Dunhere, Éowyn, Frodo) [3B: Beorn's Path]
7. Avalanche ~ 68 (Éowyn, Dunhere, Eleanor) [3B: Beorn's Path]
8. leptokurt ~ 73 (Glorfindel, Denethor, Bilbo) [3B: Beorn's Path]
9. ClydeCloggie ~ 74 (Glóin, Prince Imrahil, Aragorn) [3B: Beorn's Path]
10. plueschi ~ 75 (Éowyn, Frodo, Dunhere) [3B: Beorn's Path]
Tactics Top Three:
1. Narsil0420 ~ 79 (Brand, Gimli, Legolas) [3B: Don’t Leave the Path!]
2. Mighty Jim ~ 101 (Legolas, Boromir, Gimli) [3B: Don’t Leave the Path!]
3. plueschi ~ 114 Heroes (Boromir, Gimli, Legolas) [3B: Beorn's Path]
Lore Top Three:
1. muemakan ~ 65 (Glorfindel, Beravor, Bilbo) [3B: Beorn's Path]
2. leptokurt ~ 73 (Glorfindel, Denethor, Bilbo) [3B: Beorn's Path] [Ranked in Top Ten]
3. Mighty Jim ~ 101 (Glorfindel, Denethor, Bilbo) [3B: Beorn's Path]
December 11, 2011 (12:03am) [FFG Time]
[This week’s tournament will run from December 4 – December 10, 2011 and will officially close at the end of the week (midnight) as time-stamped by the FFG forum time clock.]