Becoming official in Croatia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bartol91

Bartol91

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

So I posted once before. Since there is obviously no organised play in Croatia, I would take it upon me to put something together. So I was wondering what conditions I had to meet to have the official support of FFG (not money sponsorship, more like accepting us as an official branch of organised play).
So?

#2 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

I don't think there is anything like an official branch of organized play.  As far as I can see, there are only 2 flavors of organized play:  The Leagues and the Regional Championships.  Leagues are simply a matter of having a physical game store work directly with FFG to get the kits and run the events.  Regional Championships are done by a physical game store communicating with FFG.

In either case, it is the store that must do the application process, although they will want an individual to be the tournament organizer.

At least that is my understanding.

#3 Bartol91

Bartol91

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:15 AM

TheProfessor said:

I don't think there is anything like an official branch of organized play.  As far as I can see, there are only 2 flavors of organized play:  The Leagues and the Regional Championships.  Leagues are simply a matter of having a physical game store work directly with FFG to get the kits and run the events.  Regional Championships are done by a physical game store communicating with FFG.

In either case, it is the store that must do the application process, although they will want an individual to be the tournament organizer.

At least that is my understanding.

I guess I was vague, the bolded part is what I had in mind. I wanted to have events that FFG would see as official. So it has to be a game store. Damn. Our local game store might have some problems with that. They said that they don't have anything against me hosting the tournaments in their play area, but they do not want to get involved. Any officials that I can talk to to try and arrange this?

#4 Loprw

Loprw

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

Welcome Bartol91.

In this page (the Support page of The Call of Cthulhu from FFG), in the right side, there are the information you may need. javascript:void(0);/*1322840435441*/

Also, I want to say you that every year there is a European Championship, this one was in Liege (Belgium, i think) the past October. The creators of the event, player with an online shop (i believe, again), post the information every year, so you only have to stay tuned here to see the when, where and how ;)

#5 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Bartol91 said:

I wanted to have events that FFG would see as official. So it has to be a game store. Damn. Our local game store might have some problems with that.
I'm actually not sure about that. I don't think there was a game store involved in the Liège championship. The organizers are members in a gaming club, that's all, afaik. If I was you, I'd just use the support link and ask Damon Stone if or how you can organize a tournament in Croatia.

#6 Loprw

Loprw

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

Thorondor and cia. (organizers of the European of AGoT, WH: I and CoC) have an online store, dont know if that is important to organize the European, or is the store of a gaming club.

#7 FFGMick

FFGMick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

Bartol91,

We have posted new information regarding Organized Play on our forums here: javascript:void(0);/*1324500588709* 

Please contact us at Organizedplay@fantasyflightgames.com if you have any further questions.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS