• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Something's moving! At least, I hope so ::smiling:: here we have the first preview.

The game sounds promising, but I must say I'm not totally enthusiastic about the art..

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 TheStranger

TheStranger

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

I like the art. It's lighthearted and cartoony, just like the game itself.  Regarding mixing only some of the spell schools into the deck, I would probably just mix all the cards together. I currently play with a homemade set with around 500 cards. 

#3 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

Same here on the art: it looks like Gabe from Penny Arcade did, which is good and all but when I look at the box art and then get surprised by the card art, it didn't mix. Then again, I like my games dark and brooding to begin with. I still want to see the game board though, always a selling point for me.

#4 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

#5 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

TheStranger said:

I like the art. It's lighthearted and cartoony, just like the game itself.

This. I like the more serious stuff, but for WizWar it is antithetical to its fundamental ideal for it to be anything even remotely serious.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS