ERRATA 1.2 Release?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kain McDogal

Kain McDogal

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

After getting some hints of the changes in the upcoming errata 1.2 for damaging hordes, are there any news when it will be online?

Hope it does contain the missing Weapon stats from MoX and some more rule clarifications for RoB.

#2 WittyDroog

WittyDroog

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Yeah there are some things I'm scratching my head about with RoB, like the point of the Knights of Blood's chapter ability. I've been running it that they keep their chapter herldry but take advances as if they were a Black Shield, which I think is the point but I'd like a clarification.

I'd also like to see, just like how there's the alternative rules for weapons provided in 1.1 which puts it more in line with Black Crusade, I'd like to see if the Errata could include optional changes that would help guys like me integrate some of the great rule changes in Black Crusade into Deathwatch. Multi-attack actions like full auto or swift attack are easy enough, but I've had difficulty integrating the way Zealous Hate works now versus Righteous Fury because of some of the rules provided in Deathwatch, like how Marines half all critical damage.

#3 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

There's another errata coming?

BYE

#4 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

Yes. See Reply #10 here:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

That and a relatively recent hint that we might see a further revision of weapon stats, I think.

Alex

#5 Hehateme

Hehateme

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

I am very intrigued and indeed looking forward to seeing this. I'm curious as to whether this Errata will bring DW closer to the rules in Black Crusade. I am a fan of those rules, and am hoping to see some of them officially introduced into DW.

Any hints as to the timeline for this glorious new Errata?

#6 Siranui

Siranui

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

I would suspect it will come about 6 weeks after First Founding, when we've all b!tched and moaned and come up with viable alternative suggestions on the boards...

#7 Kain McDogal

Kain McDogal

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

One thing is for sure, the optional weapon stats will be the official ones otherwise the updated Rules for damaging Hordes would be overkill with the old stats and the  Weapons from FF use the new ones too.

Maybe Supressive Fire will be possible with Semi-Automatic weapons like in Black Crusade.

If anyone hears something new about the date please let us know, thank you.

#8 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:28 AM

There is no urgent need for an update right now, imho. Siranui is right: better to release FF first and get all the feedback, then compile it all into errata 1.2.

Alex

#9 PrinceOfMadness

PrinceOfMadness

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

Let me re-quote the relevant bit from that thread:

One clarification, the Errata for Explosive damage will be having its wording changed slightly in Errata 1.2 to say "Weapons that inflict Explosive Damage (X) gain a bonus against Hordes, and count as having inflicted one additional point of damage to Horde's Magnitude per hit."

Nowhere does it say or imply that the new Errata will be released soon, it only shows that some of the wording for the next Errata has been worked out.  We could easily be looking at a new Errata a couple months down the line.  Personally I, along with most of the people in this thread, feel that the Errata should wait for more people to give feedback on First Founding to incorporate changes to that.

#10 miho

miho

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Any news on this? It's been a while since the last update

#11 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Oh god. They are still intending on sticking to that wording? Do they not realise that means that they have weapons inflicting 48 or so Magnitude damage per attack? 1 extra hit per attack was fine. It doesn't need to be boosted further.

Derp… didn't read the dates on the posts. Old News, still not made into reality, and so hopefully realised the rediculousness of it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS