Conan vs Runeswars

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lohengrin77

Lohengrin77

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

i wanna buy an area contol game for holyday and want to know, the differences in gamplay between aoc an rw.

both games look very similar. 

chaos in the orld world is diffrent i think?

#2 Lohengrin77

Lohengrin77

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:06 AM

I bought AoC, because i got it cheap.

Hopfully, i haven_'t done a mistake buying AoC over Runewars or Chaos in the Old World.

#3 Mestre dos Magos

Mestre dos Magos

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

While I do prefer Chaos in the Old world and Runewars over AOC, all three are great games.

Saying that, all three are very very different in play...

#4 IraShaine1972

IraShaine1972

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

While I have not played it I have heard that AoC is a very good game.  I intend to pick it up at some point.  I have not heard to many good things about Chaos in the Old World.  I have played Runewars and while it has gotten alot of positive feedback I felt it tried to do to many things for my taste.  It is a beautiful game however.  For the truly epic "area control game" I prefer TI3.

#5 ffg1

ffg1

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

#6 Baenre

Baenre

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Runewars is a mess of a game with AoC a little bit better.  If you have 4 players get CiTOW and never look back, it's an amazing game.

#7 Poe

Poe

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

They are three great games but very different. CitOW is the exquisitly balanced knife-fight in a phone booth. Runewars is less focused but has a lot of cool synergies running through it (I think of it as Twilight Imperium light). Age of Conan is a slower moving, more deliberate game experience with less sudden maneuvers and surprise attacks.

All three great games that deserve to get played.

#8 IronRavenstorm

IronRavenstorm

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

AoC works well with my group, but I wish we had more time to play it.  I think you made the right choice.  Especially, if you got it for a good price.  That is the same reason I ended up getting the game. 

#9 Vivekananda

Vivekananda

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Age of Conan is a good game. You made an excellent choice.

#10 tangobit4

tangobit4

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

According to me the conan is the best because its too tuff and i like  tuff games very much and its to much famous then Runeswars.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS