The juicebox LOTR LCG Top Ten Hall of Fame

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Hello Everybody! Welcome to The juicebox LOTR LCG Top Ten Hall of Fame. Every time I host a tournament, it concludes with a Top Ten listing that ranks players who finished the tournament with the top ten best results. What follows here is an ongoing (living, if you will) compilation of all of the Top Tens from all completed tournaments.

Hall of Fame placements are scored as follows: in each tournament a #1 ranked placement earns the participant 10 points, a #2 ranked placement earns the participant 9 points, a #3 ranked placement earns the participant 8 points, and so on all the way down to a #10 ranked placement earning the participant 1 point.

As every ranked placement counts toward that participant’s overall grand total, the Top Ten Hall of Fame reflects the current listing of the ten grandest of all grand totals. Nice work Hall of Famers! You’re an inspiration to us all! 

The juicebox LOTR LCG Top Ten Hall of Fame:

1. muemakan ~ 105
2. leptokurt ~ 66
3. Chac ~ 59
4. wraith428 ~ 58
5. Zjb12 ~ 55
6. plueschi ~ 48
7. juicebox ~ 41
8. Fatty ~ 35
9. Mighty Jim ~ 25
10. Bungo_Underhill ~ 23

Honorable Mentions:

11. Memetix ~ 16
11. Narsil0420 ~ 16
11. SiCK_Boy ~ 16
14. Da_Engineer ~ 15
15. OnkelZorni ~ 14
16. LEGA ~ 13
17. Vase ~ 10
18. Avalanche ~ 8
19. gatharion ~ 4
19. HilariousPete ~ 4
21. Budgernaut ~ 3
22. ClydeCloggie ~ 2
22. galonso ~ 2
24. Scoob ~ 1

Last Updated:

February 19, 2012 (11:02am)  [FFG Time]

Completed Tournaments:

Solo Player: #1
Solo Player: #2
Solo Player: #3
Solo Player: #4
Solo Player: #5
Solo Player: #6
Solo Player: #7
Solo Player: #8
Solo Player: #9
Solo Player: #10

2 Player: #1
2 Player: #2

Active Tournaments:

2 Player: #3

4 Player: #1

#2 Chac

Chac

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi,

Congratulations to all the participants.

For those that are interested, here is the decklist i used for this first tournament of the week

Heroes

Eowyn, Beravor, Theodred

Spirit (12)

1 Dwarven Tomb

2 Northern Tracker

2 Wandering Took

2 Hasty Stroke

2 A Test of Will

2 The Galadhrim's Greeting

1 Unexpected Courage

Lore (12)

3 Daughter of the Nimrodel

2 Gleowine

2 Forest Snare

2 Protector of Lorien

2 Erebor Hammersmith

1 Henamarth Riversong

Leadership (23)

3 Snowbourn Scout

2 Sneak Attack

2 Steward of Gondor

1 Celebrian's Stone

2 Ever Vigilant

2 Valiant Sacrifice

2 Son of Arnor

3 Guard of the Citadel

2 Silverlode Archer

2 Faramir

2 For Gondor!

Neutral (3)

3 Gandalf

#3 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

With two Solo Player Tournaments complete and in the books, the Top Ten Hall of Fame begins to take on a slightly more dynamic shape and flavor. Congrats to all who remain ranked!

Special congratulations to wraith428 who remains atop the Top Ten Hall of Fame for two weeks running! Nice job wraith428!

And a moment of silence for Scoob, who has fallen from the hallowed rankings.

For those of you interested in joining the fray, check out the current active tournament… a 2 Player Tournament featuring Escape from Dol Guldur.

Good show everybody.

#4 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

With our third Solo Player Tournament complete, the new tally is in…

And in dramatic fashion, with only an hour and twelve minutes to spare in the third Solo Player Tournament, wraith428 pulls out a result to keep him on top of the Hall of Fame standings for an impressive third week in a row!

Truly, a remarkable job wraith428!

Also, for the sake of all things decent, let us take a moment of silence for the one and only ClydeCloggie, as he has suffered the misfortune of falling from the Hall.

But will he work his way back in? The end of next week (with an unprecedented two active tournaments drawing to a close at the same time) should make for some pretty exciting Hall of Fame activity.

So stay tuned… the plot can only thicken from here.

#5 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hey Juicebox, would you consider putting up an overall ranking at the end of the mirkwood series so everyone can see where they rank?  Thanks!

#6 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

Zjb12 said:

Hey Juicebox, would you consider putting up an overall ranking at the end of the mirkwood series so everyone can see where they rank?  Thanks!

I've been thinking about this... like maybe after the Top Ten in the Hall of Fame I could include an Honorable Mentions list that would reveal the rest of everyone's overall rankings. Personally, I do think that would be fun. It would let people know how close they are to being promoted to the Hall of Fame Top Ten or to being relegated to the Honorable Mentions, and it would also showcase the success of new players to the tournaments. After all, over time, those of us who have been playing and getting results from the beginning will have an advantage in the overall landscape. (Plus, there's also the concern that I myself am in danger of facing relegation, and quick! ) In any case, I don't want that to discourage new players from joining in the fun.

So, an added comprehensive Honorable Mentions listing...

Would you enjoy something like that?

#7 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Yes, that would be great.  So, for example, I am assuming I scored four points from the tourney that ended last night having attained a 7th place.  Overall am I say, 20th or 13th, or where?  ( I am not asking you to tell me neccessarily, just hypothetically.  )  But it would be good to know at some point.  Or start a different thread that only lists the overall scores through the first 3 tourneys, then update after each new tourney.  But, I know that's a lot of work too.

#8 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

Okay, here's my plan...

At the end of this week/month/year (all the same thing) I'll begin including an Honorable Mentions list here on the Top Ten Hall of Fame main post right after the Top Ten listing. Thus, we will have a truly comprehensive listing on display with prime honors, of course, going to the Top Ten and the Honorable Mentions reflecting the remaining overall standings.

It's going to be real.

#9 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And welcome to 2012!!!

With Solo Player Tournament #4 and 2 Player Tournament #1 coming to a close at the end of this week/month/year, we see massive activity in the Top Ten Hall of Fame.

Also, right now marks the beginning of the complete and comprehensive listing of all compiled Top Ten rankings as you can see the Honorable Mentions listed above.

Special congrats to muemakan for claiming top of the table and to Fatty for making his first appearance in the Top Ten Hall of Fame.

And the traditional moment of silence for Avalanche who has been relegated to the Honorable Mentions.

Well done all. You each continue to be heroes and champions in my book.

#10 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Well folks, Solo Player Tournament #5 has come to a close. Five thumbs up!!!!!

Special congrats to Da_Engineer for making his first appearance in the Top Ten Hall of Fame.

And the traditional moment of silence for OnkelZorni who has been relegated to the Honorable Mentions.

Nice playing all... I'm looking forward to the second half of this run through of the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle.

Hope you'll join us for the ride!

#11 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hello Everybody,

It's time to make another Hall of Fame update!

Solo Player Tournament #6 was a great success! Well done all who participated. And WELL DONE especially to those who found great fortune exploring the Hills of Emyn Muil. Your strong perseverance has paid off!

Special congrats to Zjb12 for making his first appearance in the Top Ten Hall of Fame.

And the traditional moment of silence for Da_Engineer who has been relegated to the Honorable Mentions.

Exciting stuff, all around. Keep it coming!

#12 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

This week's update sees some shuffling in the Top Ten Hall of Fame but no promotions or relegations.

And that's a first! Hmmmmmmmmm... what could it all possibly mean???

Where will this all go next?

Will there be another up-and-comer to make an appearance and raise through the ranks?

Can anyone stop muemakan from holding his double digit lead at the top of the table?

Will juicebox start referring to himself more and more in the third person?

Stay tuned to find out! 

#13 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Some exciting movement in the table this week!

Well done everyone who even attempted RtM Solo.

Keep an eye out this week for yet another update when the current 2 Player Tournament comes to a close at the end of the month!!

#14 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

The results are in for January's The juicebox LOTR LCG 2 Player Tournament!

Check out how they impacted the Hall of Fame (above), and tune in February for another 2 Player Tournament (THE MASSING!!!) and the first ever juicebox LOTR LCG 4 Player Tournament (INVITE YOUR FRIENDS)! New challenges are on the horizon, and many adventures are yet to be had.

Congrats to all those who participated in this month's tournament.

I have a special place in my heart for those who love multiplayer.

(always wanted to find a way to use that icon)

Sigh... one more 2012 resolutions to cross off the list.

#15 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

And Solo Tourney #9 has come to its completion!!

Special congratulations to SiCK_Boy and Budgernaut for placing in your first juicebox Tournament!!

Also, it's hard not to notice... muemakan's only 3 points shy of cracking triple digits! So, stay tuned.

#16 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Congratulations to everyone who completed my Solo Player Tournament #10. You're all champions!!!

And this week, special fanfare and homage must be given for muemakan who has topped 100 points!!!

This is a feat worthy of stories, celebration, and hearty congratulations. muemakan, your creativity, determination, and LOTR LCG IQ are something to celebrate and behold. Well done!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS