Can't decide what to get for christmas.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

So I'm going to be a lazy bugger and let you decide for me.

Except I'm not, really, but you can help me decide...Eh? Eh?

I have been playing with the idea of getting a new boardgame for myself, so I've been trying to decide which one exactly to go for. Currently it's a strong chance of being Gears of War, but really any of them could take the spot.

I've been playing a decent amount of descent recently and I really like the RPG style, cooperative elements. I think I would really enjoy a game with some similar play styles and so forth to that. One of the things I didn't enjoy was the fact that the same person is the overlord in descent nearly all the time. I figure the GOW game has solved that. I was also looking at competetive games like Runewar and Tannhauser. Runewar certainly looks interesting, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about the strategy bits and Tannhauser seems to need a few expansions to be more fun or have enough repeat playability. Any other suggestions for me?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS