Photo

Any suggestions to a newbie father and to a kid with age of 5?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SCKnight

SCKnight

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

I just bought a WH:I core set and found very interesting.  I've tried to experience the game by playing in Solo.  Even I know what Order and Destruction have, but the interaction is full of fun.

Unfortunately, my kids are too young and cannot get away to play the cards with my friends, I started thinking will that be possible to let my 5 years old son try this game?  In the last few weeks, i bought him Monpoly Deal and now he played better than me.  I was always beign beaten up by him.

I am going to buy the Deluxe Expansion sets next week.  But in your professional opinions, to play with a kid so young.  How should I start?

Your valuable opinions count.

Thanks

#2 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

hey i think it depends on your kids maybe they could although i think maybe a little older would be better im 18 and occasionally play wit my dad and almost always win

#3 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

I think Invasion is too complex for a 5y old. If you have no other way of playing RL, you could try online play. Search the forum for threads on OCTGN or playing via Skype and webcam.

#4 SCKnight

SCKnight

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

Thanks Mallumo and Loken14's replies.

I think I will start by Core Set and Assault of Uthlan first.  As those set has 6 prepacked races for my kid to choose for playing.

I will try to make it easier for my son, I may take out all the effects from the cards.  (I still study the timing structure, and get a little bit headache on all those effect sequence.)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS