Jump to content



Photo

Some rule clarifications for a new user.


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 el_pisser

el_pisser

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hello,  I had some questions about the rules.  We really enjoy this game but wanted to make sure we were playing every this correctly. 

 

1.  When a hunter attacks a minion and the hunter escapes the minion stays where he/she is at.  I was wondering does the actual chit stay on the location card and then it is removed after it drops off the trail or does the chit move from the trail to the board so hunters that come into that city have to battle the minion until the minion is killed.  This would mean the minion stays in the city even after the card has dropped off the trail.

 

2.  Unearthly Swiftness:  Does is card take affect before the time keeping phase so Dracula will get to move twice for the card and then once more during his movement phase?  The card says "Play this card at the start of your turn....." so I am confused if this is before the time keeping phase since this is the start of the turn or the card is intended to allow drac to move twice during the movement phase only. I

 

3.  Dracs hand limit.  After reading the FAQ,  Drac has an opportunity to play an Event card before discarding down to his limit.  The FAQ states:  The Dracula player has an oportunity to play and Event card before discarding.  When Dracula draws a fifth "Keep" card, if he has a card that he can legally play play at the moment, then he may play it.   What cards would be legal?  Every event card that I have for Drac says "Play this card at the start of your turn, play at the start of combat, play when a hunter attempts to catch a train,  etc. 

 

Thanks!



#2 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

el_pisser said:

 

1.  When a hunter attacks a minion and the hunter escapes the minion stays where he/she is at.  I was wondering does the actual chit stay on the location card and then it is removed after it drops off the trail or does the chit move from the trail to the board so hunters that come into that city have to battle the minion until the minion is killed.  This would mean the minion stays in the city even after the card has dropped off the trail.

 

The chit stays on the card, so any and all Hunters that start their action phase in that town, will have to deal with the minion. Chits don't move off the location card to the map, only Fog and Bats (IIRC) are given to the hunter who encounters them as reminder.

 el_pisser said:

2.  Unearthly Swiftness:  Does is card take affect before the time keeping phase so Dracula will get to move twice for the card and then once more during his movement phase?  The card says "Play this card at the start of your turn....." so I am confused if this is before the time keeping phase since this is the start of the turn or the card is intended to allow drac to move twice during the movement phase only. I

 

Hehe, actually hadn't noticed the wording earlier. So far I've played it that when Drac plays the card, he gets to do 2 moves during his movement phase.

 el_pisser said:

3.  Dracs hand limit.  After reading the FAQ,  Drac has an opportunity to play an Event card before discarding down to his limit.  The FAQ states:  The Dracula player has an oportunity to play and Event card before discarding.  When Dracula draws a fifth "Keep" card, if he has a card that he can legally play play at the moment, then he may play it.   What cards would be legal?  Every event card that I have for Drac says "Play this card at the start of your turn, play at the start of combat, play when a hunter attempts to catch a train,  etc. 

 

 

 

Devilsh Power comes immediately to mind. Sensationalist Press might be another if Mina drew 2 Events in her resupply. But not many.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#3 Nagypapi

Nagypapi

    Member

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:05 AM

1) A minion/assasin who made the Hunter escape from the fight (or killed the Hunter) remains on the location card, as well as an escaping New Vampire encounter (rolling 4-6 when encountered at night and the Hunter has no knife or stake). Fog and bats are handled to the player as reminder for their next turn effect than they go back to the encounter pool (although we place the fog chit on the city on the map as reminder because it restricts the movement of every Hunter, not just the one who run into it). Everything else go back to the encounter pool right after its effect takes place.

 

2) As Dam put it correctly it only makes possible for Dracula to make two moves in his movement phase instead of one. No double timekeeping and action phase (that's why you don't put encounter on the first location card).

 

3) Except Devilish Power all Dracula 'keep' event cards are tied to the beginning of his round or are a reaction to something (combat, etc.), so they are not playable if Dracula gets his hand full with cards.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS